WOW what a one year

Peggy R.
on 2/8/06 8:23 am - Verona, VA
WOW how to not celebrat your one year anniversary. For about 2 weeks I thought I had been fighting a flu or something and had decised to call the dr in the morning and see what was going on. Well woke up early the next morning and really felt crapy felt like I was going to explode I was so full of fluid and my insides just hurt. Well it was way to early to call the dr so thought I'd just lie down and rest till about 8 and try then, well my big tom cat that is the sweetest thing the world was having no parts of this, he was all over me crying and just acting like a crazy thing, after about 15 minute of this I gave in and called my daughter, she knew something was real wrong the minute she saw me, she said. Well a trip to the hospital it was. After being at the hospital for only 1/2 an hour I was totally incoharent. It turns out that over a foot of my bowel had collapsed. I was in surgery within 2 hours of getting to the hospital. In surgery for 6 hours, but things could have been much worse. If my big old lovable tomcat hadn't kept me awake know one would have found me until about 5 that afternoon. Needless to say the cat is now eating well. Well to make a long story short after 6 days in the hospital I am now on the meand at home. I do want to say that if you just don't feel right and it goes on for more than a day or tow have it looked into. God Bless to you all glad to be back
Becky P.
on 2/8/06 10:57 pm - Elizabethton, TN
RNY on 01/25/05 with
Peggy, Oh my goodness!!! Thank God for you cat and his persistance!! Aren't our animals just the best??? Glad to hear you are on the mend and doing better. We all need to take a lesson from this and not brush things off when we are feeling badly, because you never know what it is. Take care of yourself!!! Becky
Margo J
on 2/9/06 1:31 am - Fairfield, CA
We just never know....I am glad you are okay now. how scary. Good thing about you have a smart kitty. Hope you feel better soon. Margo
white2003toyota
on 2/9/06 2:46 am - Kaneohe, HI
My Goodness Peggy! I'm glad to hear that you are okay now. I guess one never knows even after being one year post op!!! It's a good thing your cat is so in tune with you!! Take care and get lots of rest. I will keep you in my prayers. Love and aloha, Pat
Tracy B
on 2/9/06 2:58 am - Erie, PA
Oh my goodness, what an ordeal! I'm so glad that you're doing ok now. Thankfully you have a very smart kitty!!!!!!! Tracy B 328/162/???
Most Active
Recent Topics