plastic surgery - painful????

Janet H.
on 2/10/06 3:00 am - Huntington, WV
I watched a show on the Discovery Channel last week about the "The Shinking Women". She weighed 612 lb. and had the gastric bypass surgery then went for 2 of the 3 operations for skin removal. The pain level she experienced was horrible. It makes me really think if I want to have it done. Yes, I have skin hanging from my breasts to my knees. Has anyone had the body lift or any plastic surgery done? Do you think her pain level was exaggerated.....basically...just how bad is it. I didn't have much pain with the gastric by-pass (laproscopic). I still have about 30 more pounds to go before I even consider it. What are your thoughts? Janet 324.5/172/145
jlkjgrkl
on 2/10/06 9:23 am - APO, XX
Hi, yes I had a tummy tuck and it was more painful than my open bypass, but it was totally worth it. I had mine back in Sept because of huge hernia I had. I wish I could have a butt life and inner thigh lift, but it will probably a while before I can do it. Kimberly
white2003toyota
on 2/10/06 6:03 pm - Kaneohe, HI
Hi Janet! I also saw program on the Discovery Channel. I agree with you that she seemed to have experienced a lot of pain not to mention the complications with her thigh lift. I'm having a TT on March 6, 2006 and from what is being done, I am expecting to be in quite a bit of pain!! My lap rny was also not painful at all, but I think the TT is going to be a lot different. I'm just trying to think positive because this is something that I really want to do. I will keep you posted. Please say a prayer for me. Aloha, Pat 261/148/125 I'm only 5 feet tall
DonnaGirl
on 2/13/06 1:06 pm - Wichita Falls, TX
I'm having my tummy tuck Feb 17 this friday and my surgeon said to be prepared that it is more painful than the open rny. He said the surgery will take longer and the open rny as well. The recovery time is about the same however. I did not have much pain with wls, so I"m hopeful that TT will be similar. March 6 is around the corner! God Bless.
Most Active
Recent Topics