Severe pouch pain!

Weston and Gage's
Gr M

on 2/26/06 8:00 am - O'Neill, NE
Hello all. I cannot get any answers from doctors, so.. here I am. I have been having severe pouch pain off and on for several months, not all the time. I woke up with it again this am. It is sometimes so bad that I cannot stand up straight. No barfing or pain anywhere else just the pouch, as the day goes on it will travel thru my intestines and then its gone. It centers around the pouch on the left side. Been to the ER and they did ultrasound and cannot find anything. Gallbladder is fine. Blood tests are fine. Surgeon has no clue, he started me back on pepcid. Doesn't help. Cannot link it with certain foods etc. Sometimes I just wake up with it. Any insight? Rhonda 312/168/155?
PegW
on 2/26/06 8:57 pm - TROY, NY
Rhonda I am so sorry about your pain hopefully it will be short lived. About 2 months ago I had almost the same symptoms you are describing. What it was finally diagnosed as was a gas bubble. The doctors felt either I was eating to fast or swallowing to fast and either the food or air was causing my pouch to expand to far to fast, the air or food was basically trapped in itself and had to travel through the intestinal tract that way. Slowing down my chewing and intake has almost totally aleviated the problem. I still have it a little when eating or swallowing liquids to fast. Hope that helps. Peg
Margo J
on 2/27/06 8:25 am - Fairfield, CA
I have had the same pain about 3 times, and was once hospitalized with lots of tests, and found nothing. My surgeon told me that our bowels move after rapid weightlos, and can get twisted and relax themselves. I tend to think it is gas. It is sometimes as unbearable as labor pains, but does pass after awhile. Try and eat slower. Good luck. Margo
Vickie J
on 2/27/06 12:50 pm - Tallahassee, FL
The other posters seem to have described something similar. Try eating more slowly, chewing more and reduce or eliminate "gassy foods" and carbonated beverages for a while to see if they are contributing to the problem. Hope you feel better soon! Vickie J.
DonnaGirl
on 2/27/06 12:55 pm - Wichita Falls, TX
I have to agree with some of the other posts. I thought I was dying or close. Went to the ER to be told I was literally full of crap and was suffering from spastic colon. If you haven't looked into that as a possible cause you might want to do so.
1hotmama
on 3/2/06 1:43 am - perry, OK
Yep me too I totally relate to the not being able to stand up its makes it hurt worse for me. Now heres the weird thing, mine happenes when I don't eat for too long. Its the same pain your describing. Funny huh. I guess it could be a gas bubble like the one post said like I was swallowing too much air due to my pouch being empty. Anyway just wanted to let you know. marti
Stephanie F.
on 3/2/06 1:53 pm - San Antonio, TX
Rhonda: I can truly relate to you, I get that same pain all the time before I wat and after and even in between It usually just goes away after a little while but sometimes it stays with me any suggestions on what it maight be or its just gas or bowel all twisted up. Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics