Got most of my tests out of the way!!

Anna Bryant
on 11/21/06 10:00 am - Roanoke, VA
Okies well now I feel like I am getting somewhere. I finished psych eval and nutritionist yesterday and today I did gallbladder ultrasound,echo and bloodwork. Only one more left. The sleep study on Dec 3. Wooooot and drum roll please......I am at surgery goal weight 255 from 270 Anna
Mholli5
on 11/22/06 9:54 pm
Hi Anna, Congrats on acheiving your surgery goal weight! My doc hasn't mentioned a surgery goal weight yet. I'm at 272 and in my head I'd like to be 260 before surgery. All my tests are scheduled for 11/30 and then my pre-op exam with my family doctor is 12/19. I'm really wanting to get all that done.....and somewhere is a tiny hope that maybe they'll bump up my surgery date a little. Tell me about your psych eval. I'm not anxious, just curious as to what they ask.
Anna Bryant
on 11/24/06 1:18 am - Roanoke, VA
Hi there. thank you!! Some doctors ask you to lose some and some don't. Mine did because I carry a lot of my excess weight in my tummy and he is going to do Lap/RNY also when you start eating the right things and not so much fatty stuff your liver shrinks down a bit making it easier for the doc to get to the stomach. Good luck on your tests. What all are you having done? I actually talked to the nurse today and she said I have gall stones so that will get taken out as well when I have my surgery. Kind of glad actually since that tends to be a problem for some down the road. I have to take more vitamin D since in my bloodwork it was low. Other than that everything went great. As for the psych eval it was so easy and I did stress over that. I had a questionaire to fill out most of which I had low answers to. They ask you stuff like do you feel like killing yourself and along that line. Basically they are just trying to find out if mentally you will be able to handle a quick weight loss. I'm like yeah buddy bring it.... hehe now I just have the old sleep study and that is Dec 3. He is having me do one because I am borderline on the quiz they give you. He wants to cover all the bases which I am definitely all for. Pray for me and keep all your little toesys and fingers crossed that I do not have it. If that is the case it is a good chance I will have this in Dec. Like you I am secretly hoping they bump me up. I still don't have a date. When all my tests come back then I will get my date. I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. I already went walking and am about to go again. Can you say yippeee I am going to get healthy. Anna
Crystal M
on 11/26/06 12:20 pm - Dracut, MA
WOO HOO!!!! I am so happy for you. I have to see the pulminary doc tomorrow and the Cardiologist on Friday and then I am DONE. I just can sit back and wait for my preop appt and then SURGERY!! I can't believe January will be here before we know it. Crystal
Most Active
Recent Topics
Year 7!!!
Stephanie B. · 14 replies · 1379 views
5 Year Anniversary
Stephanie B. · 1 replies · 1064 views