I'm home!

Kathy W.
on 1/19/08 2:41 am - Enfield, CT
RNY on 01/15/08 with
I got home late last night but the point is I am home. I am almost done with my shake, then it's 10 minutes of walking then nap time after that. My doc came around as the were doing a weigh on me and he said don't even weigh for about 30 days. Just feel and watch the weight come off. I had a few moments when I was ready to give up. Like when the 4th person couldn't find a place to put in my IV line and we had to discuss a central line (Big fear of mine). Finally the 6th person (my surgeon) was able to get one in after I was out. Pain was tolerable once I got off the morphine. I never hit the pump enough to get enough of the drug in my system. That's about it. Later all. Oh yeah, I will post a pic that the DH took the day after of me crashed in the chair. What a sweetheart?
WLYB
on 1/19/08 5:49 am - Gainesville, VA
RNY on 01/07/08 with
Glad to hear you are home and doing well. Good thing you didn't weigh. I wish someone had told me not to... I gained 4.7 lbs in the hospital... go figure. Take care! Wanda
Kathy W.
on 1/20/08 1:22 am - Enfield, CT
RNY on 01/15/08 with
i gained 6 pounds in the hospital but it was fluid retention. I know my fingers looked like sausages they were so fat. When I came home I tried on my rings and they were too tight. I got them on today and they were better. Imma give it a few more days before I try to wear them. The fluid retention will go away as soon as we get to drinking as we should. I am having problems taking sips and still trying to drink. Not good. Oh well, I will learn or deal with the pain.
AwesomeForever
on 1/22/08 1:13 pm - Marlborough, MA
I was so glad to get home. I had not slept well in the hospital. I napped and was ready to go outside and to church. But reason got the better of me, and my husband would have had to drive. He was glad to get back where he could nap when he wanted to also. He deserved the week off with me. He went into work on the following Saturday to get a break he joked. I was told that fluid retention from all the IVs could last a couple of weeks. My surgeon said he wanted me to add salt to my soups, and water for now to keep hydrated. He said to add to the point that it tastes too salty. I have sleep apnea and my mouth gets so dry at night. I began to bring a bottle of water to sip when I woke. I wake often. Speaking of rings, one that I put on today to dress up while shopping is swinging around my finger. I had gained so much weight I had to have my wedding ring cut from my finger. I will never forget that experience. It was not painful though it took some time to cut. It was disturbing to me. Another time, I realized how heavy I was when the toilet made noises and I thought it was going to fall. I found out later that one of the medium build women at work sat down and it fell. She actually works in maintenance. All over England, when we had to go find a lou as they call them it would be way up the stairs or down down down. Most of the the bathrooms were particularily small. I have bad knees and just the journey to the bathroom was a major accomplishment. I could not even go in the bathroom on the charter bus. Heck, I would have had the door open! Add to this the bladder was being compromised by me being over 150 or more pounds overweight! I was lucky that I made it.
grajuit
on 1/28/08 3:00 am - folsom, CA
Interesting. I gained 9 lbs from the hospital stay and was discouraged. Are you now in the loser's streak?. With the 9 pound weight gain, I lost a total of 21 lbs or you could say 12 pounds (net) since Surgery. I know that she said not to weigh yourself until it's been 30 days, but I was anxious. I am so looking forward to my visit my surgeon tomorrow and he will be progressing me to stage 3 of my diet. Woo Hoo~
Kathy W.
on 1/28/08 3:41 am - Enfield, CT
RNY on 01/15/08 with
Yeah, I weighed. I am down 14 since the day of surgery. I get to go on Wednesday and I hope to get passed off to stage 3. I am sick of shakes.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 663 views
Hello
shaysmom · 0 replies · 788 views
ITS ALMOST TIME!!!!
diamondsparkle08 · 0 replies · 903 views
clogged
CHARO · 1 replies · 908 views