weight stall for 4+ weeks

hatda
on 3/21/08 1:12 am - Northern (Sacramento area), CA
HI All. Writing here because we all had our surgeries in January 08. I have been at a weight stall for 4 weeks and one day now. I am trying very hard not to get discouraged; but dang......i expected it to kick start again; but no go. I have lost 29lbs and that was in the first 2 weeks...after that things just stopped. I am getting alot of liquid in. Getting in most of my protein (still dfrinking protein shakes once or twice a day) and exercising. I"ve even stepped it up to advanced aerobics and i'm the same. I haven't measured myself since my 1 month out. I'll wait for end of march for that; but wondering if you are experiencing this and what you did to kick start the loss. I"m jus trying really hard not to get in a place of being discouraged; but it's becoming less and less easy for that.
Cleopatra_Nik
on 3/21/08 2:49 pm - Baltimore, MD
How many calories a day are you eating? I had a bad plateau for about two weeks and went to my doctor who informed me that I was eating about 400 TOO FEW. If you are not taking enough in your body will try to hold on to the weight for preservation. Check with your doctor, but mine said to try for 800 cals/day. I have only achieved that once (and it took eating every two hours from the time i woke up until the time i went to sleep) but since I've started hovering around the 700 mark, my weight loss has picked up again. Also, if your caloric intake is low, u might want to go easier with the exercise that day. It's just a theory but when i don't eat enough and work out hard i stall. If I eat well and work out hard i lose. If I eat poorly and go easy on the workout that day i still lose. But that's just me. Hope this helps. Do you keep a food diary? Try one of the online ones. That will give you a good idea of what you are taking in.
Simply ME!
on 3/22/08 1:24 am - Las Cruces, NM
I have had 2 stalls already, one was 2 weeks after surgery and lasted 2 weeks and then 5 weeks out and lasted 1 week. At my 8 week aniversary I have lost 30 pounds, it seems we are both classified as slow losers according to my surgeon. Hang in there I have been told by other surgical patients that it will happen and in one year we will have still lost a large amount of weight just at a slower rate.
ToniLee
on 3/29/08 12:35 am
I think it just must be us January people!! I too hit that "hibernation syndrome" at about 3 weeks and it lasted a couple of weeks and then hit it again around week 6 -7. I was told to up my calories to 800-1000. Which was difficult but then I started eating a couple of small snacks, cheese stick etc, and that helped get up there in calories. I just cant seem to get to the right mix of calories, carbs, fats. But on the upside you will see that when you measure you will have lost several inches !! That does help when you see it on paper. I had lost over 5 inches in my hips last time I checked. So it is working. My thought is maybe if its slower there will be less skin hanging and more time for my body to keep up and just feel better. These crazy thoughts do run thru my head from time to time, like did he do something wrong, Did he forget to hook part a to part b lol??? And I sometimes want to eat sugar or fried foods just to see if I get sick. Like I want proof. I know crazy talk right??? There was another lady at the support group that was a few days after me and she had hit the same problems. Guess I really should call the NUT and just clarify everything I'm doing is correct. Good Luck, Toni
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 652 views
Hello
shaysmom · 0 replies · 783 views
ITS ALMOST TIME!!!!
diamondsparkle08 · 0 replies · 898 views
clogged
CHARO · 1 replies · 902 views