Lettuce - I miss it, when can I have it?

taralynn1022
on 3/13/09 5:02 am
When can we have lettuce again????
Karen O.
on 3/13/09 12:27 pm - Erie, PA
My doc says I can have them on the 23rd (8 weeks out).  I must confess I had 1/4 of a Wendy's salad today ... it was delish!  Everything sat well and didn't make me sick!  Every NUT/Dr. is different, so I would get ahold of your NUT and see what she says!
                                                       K a r e n
                    Lap RNY Gastric Bypass JANUARY 26, 2009

taralynn1022
on 3/16/09 3:11 am
I tried chewing a piece of lettuce this weekend just to see ( I did spit it out) it seemed like it just balled up a lot and even though it was breaking down it seem to stick together...did you chew it that much or less? I always chew everything to death and then by the time i'm done I still think I can't swallow it.
caligal559
on 3/14/09 3:54 pm - fresno, CA
I was able to have lettuce at the 2 month mark, i was given a list of things i could eat at that point, the only thing about the lettuce is that they dont want you to eat iceburg lettuce, it has no nutritional value, well at least thats what my doctor said, so i eat salads all the time but like with romaine lettuce and only with any kind of vinagarette dressings, no more ranch or thousand island...
taralynn1022
on 3/16/09 3:12 am
I tried chewing a piece of lettuce this weekend just to see ( I did spit it out) it seemed like it just balled up a lot and even though it was breaking down it seem to stick together...did you chew it that much or less? I always chew everything to death and then by the time i'm done I still think I can't swallow it.
agilityrulz
on 3/16/09 2:45 am - TX
I have been told that I can have lettuce at the 3 month mark. I am missing salads so bad, I used to eat a chicken ceasar salad wrap almost everyday at work. I can't wait to eat it, I was told that it is because your stomache has a hard time digesting it.
I am counting the days until I can eat it. I have had a little bit of spinach in a dip and that went well.

It is so nice when you can add more foods and variety into your diet. I added some jerky in this weekend, OMG that tasted so good...

Chrissy

casey N.
on 3/17/09 9:58 am - lake in the hills, IL

My nut said no lettuce for 6-8 months after surgery! i suppose everyone is different but i did try to sneak some and ended up throwing it up. Needless to say i wont be trying it anytime soon!

greatdanemom82
on 3/22/09 10:56 am
I was sleeved on jan. 14th....I had lettuce for the first time yesterday, ate it for lunch and dinner. THen again today for lunch. Actually sat really well, better than what I thought it was going to. It was a great alternative to what I had been eating- oriental chicken salad....yum!

craclemom
on 3/24/09 10:35 am
I had RNY Jan 31 and my Dr said no veggies for 6 months.  But I have cheated on that especially with lettuce.  I've had the McDs chicken snack wrap and a chicken soft taco at a mexican restaurant - both with lettuce and it set really well. 

251/145/145
Highest/Current/Goal     

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 1/2 years
GoldFish · 1 replies · 875 views
Roll call!!
iisme · 0 replies · 798 views
gaining it back
wichita_loser · 6 replies · 1642 views
Feeling stuck...
EllenFan · 2 replies · 932 views