Surgery January 22/09 (14 Months Out)

EllenFan
on 3/26/10 11:51 am, edited 3/26/10 11:57 am - Canada
I'm 96 lbs lighter today and my BMI is 27.3.    Just a little above my goal weight.

I'm 49 and I look and feel better than I did at 39.  I've got my life back and I'd do it all over again!

All the best to all of you on the journey and for those of you who have yet to join us.

:) L

dreamcatchers
on 4/3/10 10:04 am - South Glens Falls, NY
Well hello fellow January 09 WLS loser!

I too feel great and am lovin' my new look! I have lost 112 lbs and have lost less then I weigh now! I am in a size 2-4 and xs-s. I am full of energy and love to shop for clothes! I wear my shirts tucked in and love belts! I even wear jewlery now which I haven't done in years! I have high heels and I love tight jeans!

I am considering a consult with a plastic surgeon to be-rid of some excess skin on my thighs. I have elephant looking knees and thighs. One thing I will do this year is get a consult.

Would love to do it again just for the excitement of losing!

Lisa
EllenFan
on 4/6/10 3:38 am - Canada
 Hey Lisa,

Congratulations on the incredible weight loss.  Like you, for the first time in years, I'm wearing tight jeans and belts and I feel great in them.  The weight loss has certainly boosted my self esteem and made me much healthier inside and out.

Keep up the great work!

:) L

LastOptionAttorney
on 5/18/10 3:39 am
I have not checked in here in forever glad to see so many doing so well!!!

iisme
on 5/29/10 4:14 am
Wow, I really must check on here more often!  
I am loving life! 
Shopping and going to the gym fill my life now. I need to find a job or something to keep up with my spending habits!
I am 5'9 and wearind size 8/10 bottoms and  M tops
Happy with my progress, happy with myself!
My mother in law gave me a picture yesterday. It was me back in August '08. I really must fix my scanner and scan the picture. I could not believe what I used to look like. It was at a different angle than any picture I had seen of me pre-op. My butt and legs look so incredibly large. I had no clue I had got to that point. I showed it to my husband and his jaw dropped and he said  "NO WAY, that's NOT you!!!"

10 pounds loss pre-op
kroggie18
on 11/21/10 5:32 am - Eastpointe, MI
I am so glad to see your post. I am working on losing my 15 pounds before RNY surgery to be done in January of February.  I have the same surgeon. I am glad you are doing well. I have seen some post where people had so much trouble they have had it reversed. Congrats on your loss.

EllenFan
on 11/21/10 7:37 am, edited 11/21/10 7:38 am - Canada
 Sending lots of best wishes and encouragement out to you.  It's the best decision I've ever made in my life.  I look and feel so much better than I have in years.  I'm wearing a size 8 and I went I went into surgery a size 22.  I'm down 112 lbs with only 15 to go.

All the best to you.  Dr. Genaw is awesome!  Get ready for a brand new life!!!!!  Yeah!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 1/2 years
GoldFish · 1 replies · 875 views
Roll call!!
iisme · 0 replies · 797 views
gaining it back
wichita_loser · 6 replies · 1642 views
Feeling stuck...
EllenFan · 2 replies · 931 views
New goals?
LastOptionAttorney · 1 replies · 854 views