January 18th is my official surgery date

Nichole34
on 12/27/09 7:39 pm - oakland, MD
I am having my surgery in Morgantown, WV  with Dr. Akkary.  I have chosen to have the VSG.  I am really nervous, but anxious of the long term weight loss.  So many thoughts keep going through my mind that I don't even like to think about it.  I don't want there to be a chance where negative thought outway the positive ones.
Laura R.
on 12/28/09 2:12 am
Less than a month to a whole new you adventure! Congratulations, Nichole! ... It is natural (heck, it's normal and sane!) to be nervous. I just reminded myself that I was in a risky place no matter what -- I was pre-diabetic, my knees were starting to hurt (which could lead to surgery down the road) and I faced a laundry-list of health risks if I didn't take THIS risk.

I also made lists of the many many benefits of the weight loss. I can tell you now, even at the half-way mark, one of my list items is already coming true -- it's a lot more fun dancing with my husband :)

Good luck!
Laura
 *high* *wls date* *current* *dr's goal* *mine*
       320         293            214          190           170    
IGDiva
on 12/28/09 12:38 pm - Orlando, FL
 Congrats!  I'll be one day behind you.  I am also having the VSG.  Did they give you any online classes to watch?  I have some my doctor sent me, if you are interested....
Nichole34
on 12/29/09 3:26 am - oakland, MD
I am definatley interested in the online classes.  So, are you nervous, but anxious at the same time?  As the days get closer I am getting more nervous.  I hear this is normal, but I keep questing myself on stuff like is there any other way to do this.  I know that there is not, but my mind is just running in circles.
IGDiva
on 12/29/09 8:32 am - Orlando, FL
 I hear you, I can't believe I start my Pre-OP diet in 1 week. I am having a hard time sleeping with everything circling my head.  PM me your email address and I'll send you the link for the videos.
Nichole34
on 12/29/09 8:43 am - oakland, MD
IGDiva
on 12/29/09 9:32 am - Orlando, FL
 I just sent the link from Info Surge, I hope you find the info helpful. :)
MSCONTENT ...
on 1/6/10 12:46 pm
We share the same surgery date! I wanted to wish you a very successful surgery. I am positive in my thinking, too, so I know we will do just fine! ~Lacey
Most Active
Recent Topics