Returning to Work

krizzti
on 12/28/09 5:05 am - Lakeville, MN
Another question.

I work in an office.  I sit on my butt alllllllll day.  I plan to return to work one week post-op.  When I told the nurse this, she laughed and said I won't be back at work that soon.

How long are you taking off work?

Thanks!

Kristi

zanne2324
on 12/28/09 12:51 pm - West Bend, WI
My program will require a minimum of 4 weeks off of work, and I have a desk job too. It will allow me the time needed to get the habits established that will keep me sucessful.  Also, it will be hard to spend all the time necessary to pay attention to my drinking fluids and eating slow while working. I often forget to take lunch already.

This program is with the Medical college and I trust their judgement. It takes time and patience to get this right and I refuse to screw it up this time.

Good luck!
 HW - 383/ SW - 376/ CW - 259/ GW - 199

kfowler
on 12/28/09 4:31 pm - Spotsylvania, VA
What about returning to work after Lap Band Surgery?

IGDiva
on 12/29/09 9:37 am - Orlando, FL
 I first looked at the lap band and was told one to two weeks before returning to work.  I ended up going down the VSG path and I am planning on two weeks off before going to work.
Nichole34
on 12/29/09 3:36 am - oakland, MD
I am having the VSG and should be able to return to work at 2 to 2 1/2 weeks.
Cherishedflowers
on 12/30/09 7:36 am - Waverly, NY
I am having Lap RNY and plan on taking five weeks off.  I work on my feet for 12 hours a day as a RN.  My surgeon initially told me I'd only need 2 weeks off but I wasn't comfortable with that.
Melissa
gordinha
on 12/30/09 6:00 pm - Netherlands
My surgery is on a Thursday (Jan, 7th), I plan to go back to work on Jan, 25th so 18 days after surgery. My surgeon said some people can get back to work after a couple of days, others take longer but he advised a minimum of two weeks and I thought that was an ok number. :) Nevertheless my boss knows I may need more days or work from home, we'll have to see.
Missy N.
on 12/30/09 10:06 pm - Kalkaska
I work in an office setting too.  I am planning on 2 1/2 weeks, it might change once I talk with my doctor next Friday but for now that is the plan. You also might want to post this question in the RNY forum too, they might be able to help you, since there are people on there that just have had the surgery, and give you a better idea. :)

Missy       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
HW 260 SW 249 (1/20/10)  CW 134
1st GW 150 (reached 8/29/10) 
2nd GW 135 (reached 12/1/10)
I really don't have another goal weight. :)

Sparklegigi
on 1/1/10 3:06 pm - La Verne, CA
I havent talked to the Dr. about it yet but I am planning to take 9 days off.  My co worker only took off the weekend plus one day!
swanssl
on 1/8/10 2:52 am - Walled Lake, MI

I had lap band surgery in 2008 and was off for 3 days.  NO BIG DEAL AT ALL!!!  You feel fine!  I had the band taken out on Nov. 30th 2009, not an effective tool for me, I was out of work for 4 days, it was harder to get it out then it was to put it in.  I am having VGS on the 20th and I plan to be off for 2 weeks.  I think that I will be fine.  I recover well, but EVERYONE is different.  my mom had RNY and she was laid up for 8 weeks.  Different strokes for differnt folks.

Susie

Most Active
Recent Topics