Stuff that Cleans Out your Guts (makes ya p**p!)

krizzti
on 1/13/10 6:03 am - Lakeville, MN
Surgery is scheduled for Wednesday the 20th.  2 days ahead (so Monday) I am instructed to drink the stuff that makes ya p**p, as well as start the liquid diet.

I'm off work on Monday for the holiday, but am supposed to work on Tuesday.

Just how effective is the p**p stuff?  Should I be taking the day off to make myself at home upon the throne?  Or am I okay sitting in an office where I sometimes have to wait to get in to the single-person biffy?

Missy N.
on 1/13/10 10:18 am - Kalkaska
We have the same surgery date!  Good question. I have to take that stuff Tuesday night before my surgery at 6pm. So I was wondering if I am going to get any sleep that night. I am also on a all liquids diet the day before the surgery.

Missy       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
HW 260 SW 249 (1/20/10)  CW 134
1st GW 150 (reached 8/29/10) 
2nd GW 135 (reached 12/1/10)
I really don't have another goal weight. :)

~Truffles~
on 1/13/10 11:47 pm - VA
Take the day off. You will be glad you did.

It takes about 15 - 45 to take effect and lasts for about 4 - 6 hours.

Unless you can take time from daily work stuff to poo that often, you should be home and as close to the throne as possible. Think mad dashes when the feeling hits!

Once it goes into effect, you will have the drippy poos.

In fact, get some flushable wipes to help with the burning sensation. Some have even suggested diaper rash cream, but we've never used that in my house. My ex has to use Magnesium Citrate saline laxatives for his annual colonoscopy.

HTH,

Renee
"Lead me not into temptation; I can find the way myself."  ~Rita Mae Brown
Most Active
Recent Topics