How is everyone doing? (pics)

Celia S.
on 5/24/10 7:10 am - Clarks Summit, PA
Hey January Buddy's!! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I am 4 months post op tomorrow!! So far I am down 80lbs. I just started to lose hair, but I have very thick hair so it's not showing yet. Hopefully it won't. Everything has been pretty good. I have days I want to eat and days I just don't. There are days I feel skinny and days I feel huge. As for food I am eating mostly seafood and white meats, but have added salads in here and there. Shrimp is one of my best friends and so good on protein. I am taking 2 multivitamins, 3 D vitamins, and 4 calcium a day. Any stories or tips? Would love to know how everyone is doing!!

Pic # 1 taken the end of March (1 month post op) Pic # 2 taken today Pic # 3 taken yesturday

Celia

Tinkers107
on 5/25/10 1:41 am - Dyer, IN
I love the fact that you said there are days you feel skinny and days you feel huge...hahaha! I had a week where I felt huge! Last week was horrible. The scale didn't seem to move at all and I felt ginormous! I feel better this week. Why is that. Also I felt like I could eat a whole lot last week. This week a few bites and I am full. This whole experience is strange and wonderful at the same time. I am almost 5 months post-op and down 93 pounds.

Erika

Example 1

Celia S.
on 5/25/10 4:17 pm - Clarks Summit, PA
Woohoo!! 93lbs is GREAT!! Have any pics??
Celia

Missy N.
on 5/25/10 5:09 am - Kalkaska
I am so glad you posted this.  I was just thinking that I wanted to check up on our January peeps!  I am doing really good right now.  I am down 81 lbs so far, and have only 29lbs until my goal!  I can't wait!  I am running out of my cloths literally!  I can't keep up.  Good Will has been my life saver.  So most of my close are going to them, since I want to give back to something that helped me so much.
Food wise is a little hard.  Especially, a week before Aunt Flow visits. I hardly will eat anything the week before. Then once it hits, I am fine and can eat my normal portions.  Seafood, right now, is out of question because it sits to hard on my stomach.  If I have samon for lunch then I will not eat until the next day because I am to full.  I can get tuna, chicken, and cheese is what I mostly eat. I have some eggs for breakfast, that is not to bad on me.

Has anyones weight slow down at all?  I will go a few days and stay at a weight, then bam lose two pounds. I lost 10 lbs last month that was it. I was just a little worried.  My doc says everything looks good

Missy       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
HW 260 SW 249 (1/20/10)  CW 134
1st GW 150 (reached 8/29/10) 
2nd GW 135 (reached 12/1/10)
I really don't have another goal weight. :)

Celia S.
on 5/25/10 4:31 pm - Clarks Summit, PA
81 lbs is awesome!! I will hit my next goal of under 200 lbs when I lose 4 more pounds. Then I need to lose 13 more pounds to reach 100 pounds lost since the day of surgery. My ultimate goal would be 130-140, but I am happy to be anything that wasn't as big as I was before. Since the first 2 months after surgery I have slowed, but it is a consistent slow. I range about 12 lbs a month but this month it seems to have sped up a bit, hopefully it says that way for a little. I am pretty sure 10 lbs is great. Normal is about 10-14 lbs a month I do believe. Keep us posted!!
Celia

Dymone
on 5/25/10 7:01 am - Everman, TX
Hey January buddies,

It's good to see you all.  I see everyone is doing good.  I am too, I am down 90 pounds since surgery....yeah me...lol.  But I have noticed a stall the last week or two, but I'm hoping it starts to move soon.  I am still struggling to find some protein that I can tolerate, so far I like carnation instant breakfast-sugar free, Special-K protein drink. I finally tried that Isopure Plus protein drink...umm not the best tasting drink in the world, but if I put it in the freezer and get it slushy, it's ok.  I'm taking my vitamins and calcuim and B-12 daily also.

Does anyone else have a problem with food like leftovers or anything like that?  My problem is once I eat something the first time, and try to go back and eat the rest of it or reheat leftovers...it makes me sooo sick to the point that it wants to come back up.  So I just to the point that when I'm full, I just give the rest away.  Does anyone else have that problem? 

What are you guys doing to get protein...I eat fish, cheese, milk and protein drinks.  Just trying to get some other tips from you all.  Take Care, and keep Losing It.

Dymone
Missy N.
on 5/25/10 10:39 am - Kalkaska
Dymone-
Try
www.tryabouttime.com they have $2.99 for two sample packets, and fee shipping for those packets.  I have tried the birthday cake and chocolate.  On Friday I am buying the varity pack, two of each flavor for 23.99.  GNC has a good 100% Whey Protein this is not to bad.  I use Almond Milk to mix the drinks (I can't have any lactose).  It is really good.  Also, Nectur has a some really good flavors.  I have only tried the Fuzzy Navel, it was really good but my taste buds changed after surgery so I have not had it since.

Oh my gosh!  With the leftovers I get the way!  I can't get myself to eat something twice in a row.  I have a really sensitive gag reflex, and it has gotten worst since the surgery.  If it doesn't smell right, too, I can't eat it any more.  Before I use to go around it, and then realize it tasted good. 

Let see for protein: shakes, 2% cheese, tuna salads, eggs (hard boil, cooked), peanut butter w/preztels, and chicken salads, and dark meat chicken.  I think that is it.

Missy       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
HW 260 SW 249 (1/20/10)  CW 134
1st GW 150 (reached 8/29/10) 
2nd GW 135 (reached 12/1/10)
I really don't have another goal weight. :)

Celia S.
on 5/25/10 4:23 pm - Clarks Summit, PA
WOW 90lbs, go you!! I don't really drink protein shakes anymore unless I cannot eat. I try and get most of my protein from food. My weight hasnt really stalled maybe slowed to wear I only lose 0.5 lbs to 1 pound a day. For me leftovers just look plan old gross. When I look at leftovers I feel my tummy cringe due to getting sick before. I usually like a certain thing one day and the next I hate it. . . lol. . .To get protein in I pretty much eat seafood, chicken, cheese, eggs, things of that sort. Keep up the good work girl!!
Celia

Tinkers107
on 5/26/10 12:27 am - Dyer, IN
Picture in the purple shirt was morning of surgery,
picture in the tan shirt was taken May 4th....4 months post-op

Erika

Example 1

cody1071
on 6/1/10 10:01 am - Green Brook, NJ
Wow!!!!!!!! You look fantasic!!!!!!!  Diane
Most Active
Recent Topics