Happy 2 year Surgiversary to All!!!

Shelley J.
on 2/6/09 6:49 pm - Clinton, MS
RNY on 02/05/07 with
Well - it has been 2 years...how are we all doing?  What are your feelings about having gotten this surgery? Do you find your choices are more diverse now or are you sticking to the same few things? Are we still taking our vitamins? protein? water?

I'll go first...
I am maintaining my weight loss and hover around 140 (going 2 lbs either way).  My diet is NOT diverse and I have gotten stuck in a rut of what I know "works".  I have not been good about vitamins and water - I think I am getting ****y given the time it has been since surgery - but know I need to get back on track in that regard.

I vacilate regarding the surgery.  It has been a HUGE blessing as I have never felt this good about my body and don't worry when I have to meet someone new or go into social situations.  However, my life has been altered significantly.  Food is not pleasurable (or rarely is) and that has been quite an adjustment.  Going out to dinner is for everyone else - I go to be social - but the experience isn't what it used to be.  My family doesn't know what to do if we don't eat for entertainment.  I think there has been a huge stressor lifted from my life - but new (smaller ones) have been added.  I am rarely able to discuss any feelings of regret as everyone thinks I should be thrilled with the results - which I am - but there is more to it....

Still eat very small meals - no pasta, rice, or bread -

How about you guys?  How is everyone doing?

Looking forward to an update!

Shelley J.
Clinton, MS

284.5/140

NaomiF
on 2/8/09 1:44 am - Long Beach, CA
Hi Miss Shelley,

Want to wish you a happy two year surgiversary.  And as I head towards my 2 year mark in July, I find this post to be very thought provoking.  I agree with you that one's way of life with respect to food has been altered significantly with the trade off being a healthier life.  I am grateful for that and would do it again, but I understand at the same time what you are feeling as well. 

I too, eat small meals and have experimented with tiny, and I mean tiny amounts of pasta, etc.  Some days I can eat them, and others depending on the amount and what it is, well...

Hope you are well.  We miss you in Cali.

~Naomi
SUSIEQQ62
on 2/13/09 7:09 am - EXETER, PA
HI SHEL
CONGRATS TO YOU TOO ON YOUR 2 Y ANNIVERSARY--MINE 2 YR ANNIVERSARY OF MY RNY WAS 2.6 AND I HAVE LOST A TOTAL OF 205 LBS AND I STILL HAVE ABOUT 50 LBS TO GO TO MY GOAL.. I PRAY I GET THERE SOON-I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON EXERCISING AND WALKING ..
 GLAD TO HEAR YOU GUYS ARE DOING WELL. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND KEEP POSTING-THIS BOARD IS NOT ACTIVE ENOUGH..
GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND I PRAY FOR CONTINUED SUCCESS,,
TAKE CARE
SUSIE SMITH FROM PA

SUSIE SMITH FROM NE PA

Susie Smith from PA    

Most Active
Recent Topics
HAPPY 3 YR SURGIVERSARY!
SUSIEQQ62 · 0 replies · 735 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 759 views
Reality