Band, Bleeding Ulcer? Anemic, White blood cells off the chart.

Tex Girl .
on 2/7/08 7:24 am - TX
My friend has the band and she was told she has off the chart White blood count, severely anemic and they think a bleeding ulcer. They just put her in the hospital because they need to do something. Anyone know what might be going on? Will they make her take off the band? Help?
lynnjune1960
on 2/12/08 6:10 am - OH
I'm sorry to hear your friend is having problems. My Band surgery date is 2/25. One of the test my Dr ordered was an upper GI. The results came back that there was a possibility that I had polyps in my stomach which the Dr said could be a problem for the band. As a result I had to have a EDG which is when they put a scope down into your stomach. The EDG showed I definitely had polyps which they removed and did a biopsy on. The results of the biopsy showed that I had an infection in my stomach called H Pylori which can lead to ulcers with is another thing that is not good for the band. A prescription was called in that I had to be on for two weeks. The name of the packet was Prevpac one packet contains 8 pills. Two Prevacid, 4 Amoxicillin and 2 Biaxlin. I had to take the dosage twice a day. In the AM and PM. Was an upper GI done on your friend and a EDG if necessary prior to her Banding?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1509 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1216 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 862 views