Started my liquid diet today

Amyamy253
on 2/10/08 4:25 am - Starke, FL
I am starting my high protein diet today and so far it is tough. I find myself in the bathroom a lot. Does anyone know if it is ok to substitute a protein shake for a salad?
SCushway
on 2/10/08 10:00 am - Daphne, AL
Are you on an Atkins type protein diet or a protein shake kind of diet? Also, when is your surgery? I start my diet tomorrow, but it's all liquid.
akvickery
on 2/10/08 10:02 am - Bristol, IN
Not sure I understand your question... are you wanting to eat a salad instead of drinking your shake? If that is the question, then I would say NO. Salad has very little protein, a lot of carbs, and my Dr. is wanting me to do high protein only right now (I have to do it for 4 weeks, I'm 1/2 way through) It is tough not "eating" - I do get to eat protein bars, but they are all sweet/chocolate tasting... I do crave salty/sour food, but I did get the ok to drink chicken boullion... hang in there it gets easier... don't forget to drink your water...you will be peeing alot the next few weeks... Lori
SCushway
on 2/11/08 5:31 am - Daphne, AL
How's that liquid diet going? I am on day one of a ten day diet and so far I think I may live...lol. Sandi
prettyheart
on 2/11/08 12:26 pm - Downey, CA
I started my high protein liquid diet on the 6th and let me tell you it is hard! It will be worth it in the end though as I have gotten some very encouraging words on here from other members...Just keep positive and know that know matter what you can do it and that it will be worth it in the end...Keep your head up!!
Val_T
on 2/20/08 8:20 am - Williston , ND
I was on the high protien/liquid diet for 2 weeks before my surgery. Yes, it was tough, but I also lost 20 lbs. during that time. If your diet is high protien, low carb, see if your doc will let you have some beef/turkey jerky, a boiled egg or cheese during the day when you find yourself hungry. The other thing that helped me was s/f jello. I guess it all depends on your diet. Mine was 2 high protien shakes, then meat/protien and veggies at night, but we were allowed high protien substitutes when needed.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1509 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1216 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 862 views