Just curious...

caleab
on 2/11/08 7:15 am - Redding, CA
My date isn't final yet, but it appears to be either the 18th or 25th of Feb. Yay! But since doing the pre-op diet, has anyone else had a major change in the way they view food and the whole eating process? Mind you, I'm a guy that used to love to eat and love to cook the food for the house also. well, I've come to feel like I only eat to sustain life now, but it hasn't taken the enjoyment out of cooking. Last week, I made two egg omelette's for my SO all week. Not to mention cooking a nice stir fry one night. I just found it interesting and wanted to ask/share with others.
SCushway
on 2/11/08 9:10 am - Daphne, AL
Today was my first whole day on the liquid diet and I have to say it wasn't that bad. I was just putting stuff in my stomach to make it not growl, getting no satisfaction out of it at all. That was until I walked in front school tonight and smelled their dinner cooking. That got me for about a minute then I got my liquids together and did my thing and was over it. Thank goodness I don't have to do any cooking while on this diet. I'm not sure how I would be at this early part of the game. Sandi
akvickery
on 2/11/08 12:31 pm - Bristol, IN
I hear ya! I am on week 3 of my high protein shakes/bars diet and I have very little interest in "real food" anymore..... I'm not even craving much.... i was craving salt/savory but managed to add some boullion and that solved that.... I've lost 10lbs in 2 weeks, with little effort. When I do eat "regular food" - the taste is different... my ruby red crystal light is super super strong to me! I have to dilute it almsot by 1/2!! Strange huh? Maybe the preop diet is a great way to get us on the right track after all..... My surgery is the 25th... maybe we'll be buddies. Best wishes, Lori
Sam L
on 2/12/08 7:53 am - North West, IN
I'm on day 6 of my 14 day preop liquid diet. It's really not that bad and I'm dropping weight drastically (almost 9 lbs in 6 days). I'm thinking it is just because it is such a shock to my system. But I get to eat creamed soups (just have to strain out the big chunks) so maybe that's why I'm not really affected as much. Even with feeding my two young kids I don't have a craving for "real food". I have also noticed things that were fine to me before are unbelievably sweet now. That could be a good thing!! I actually drank a protein drink this morning and couldn't take it. It was so sweet!! It was one of those New Whey liquid proteins. 42 g. of protein in 3 ozs but it was like drinkiing syrup!! I'm pretty sure a week ago I would have been fine with it!! It did keep me full so I will recommend it for that! LOL
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1509 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1216 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 862 views