How's everyone doing?

SCushway
on 3/9/08 1:14 pm - Daphne, AL
Last week I went for my 10 day check up and had lost 18 lbs. I am finally noticing a change in the way clothes fit. According to my scales I have lost another 5-6 lbs since then. I have eaten a couple of things that didn't agree with me so up it came. Sometimes it just can't be avoided. I felt better immediately. Not sure if it was the food, that I ate too fast, ate too much or just wasn't ready for that particular food. Live and learn. I am very careful with my portion sizes and venturing out and trying new foods. I go back to work tomorrow so I hope things go smoothly. It's been 2 1/2 weeks and I guess I am ready (gonna miss my afternoon naps...lol). So how are the other February people doing? Sandi 2/21/08
Michelle S.
on 3/10/08 5:08 am - North Jersey, NJ
I just weighed myself this morning at home...it is now exactly 2 weeks from my surgery & I have lost 15.5 lbs!!!! BUT, pain wise....I'm still not where I thought I would be...this dang pain under the untensil incision is still killing me (like a stabbing knife), although now it's less frequent. I was supposed to go back to work next week, which would have been 3 weeks off...but I dont think I'll be ready so I already called my H/R dept & extended my time off an extra week (thank goodness for short term disability!!!) Michelle (RNY 02/25/08)
Desperately Seeking
Skinny

on 3/10/08 11:56 pm - Kettering, OH
I had been doing really well up until yesterday. I started having major lower ab pain (almost like gas), and then started throwing up anything that came near my pouch. Kept on that way all through the night. I called the doc this a.m. and they are having me come in for IV fluids, phenergran and possible endoscopy. They suspect either stomach/GI virus (wouldn't that be my luck) or stricture. I'll update you when I learn more. As for weight, I have NO IDEA what I've lost yet. Home scale is broken (prolly a good thing), and I was just gonna find out at my post op this coming Thursday. I know I've lost quite a good amount, cause clothes gettin' REALLY baggy on me! Hope everyone else is doing well!
evelynkari
on 3/13/08 7:27 am - Merced, CA
Congratulations to EVERYONE doing so well (except Tracy - OUCH! hope you're feeling better now). Today is day 15 post-op and I FINALLY feel like I can eat enough to fill my pouch. I know we RNYGBers are not supposed to feel physical hunger, but I often felt empty. Now I can eat a bit of veggies and some protein (at one time!) and feel satisfied. I've lost 20 pounds, and am trying to keep the calories up so I don't lose too quickly (afraid of gallstones). My neck skin is sagging. Gonna have to go scarf shopping...wattle is NOT cute
Miriamgnz
on 3/14/08 1:55 am - NJ
Im 5 weeks post op and i feel great, very energetic, so very happy with my decision. I've lost 40 lbs. The pain on my left side is gone and the only problem i had was, i was nauseous for about 5 days and i couldn't drink water because it would make me vomit , so what i did was put some lemon and splenda on the water and it was fantastic , it helped with the nausea and it was very refreshing. I suggest everyone to try it if the get nauseous. Hope to GOD that everything is well with everyone. Miriam
SOSAngel
on 3/21/08 2:47 am - Panama City, FL
well it's been about 5 weeks since my surgery I've been doing pretty good on everything for the most part. The only thing I'm having a problem with is taking my vitamins. otherwise I'm doing really good I know you all know that I lost 24 lbs. in the first week and according to the scale I hae at school I'm lost another 19 lbs. for a grand total of 43 lbs already!! GOD it's gone so quickly and I'm sooooo happy too!! I also started back to work 1 1/2 after having my surgery done and I've been doing fantastic with no pain gas or anything.... I'm sooo happy that everyone is doing fairly well since our surgeries!!! YAY!!! WE'RE ALL ON THE LOSER'S BENCH AND WE'RE ON OUR WAY!!!! Angie 2-11-08
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1502 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1212 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 854 views