upset stomach

antsissy1
on 3/16/08 12:11 pm - FL
Hi everyone. I am writing for my husband who had rny surgery 2/28/08. Due to a vision problem he can't type so I am his assistant. I am also working on getting insurance approval for my surgery. He has not had too many problems. But a few times he is getting an upset stomach. He said he isn't nauseous. He is on the soft protein only now. But he had more than 2 ounces tonight and it was too much. Any suggestions on what he can take to settle his stomach. thanks
Christine S.
on 3/17/08 8:51 pm - long island, NY
I had a couple of times where a ate something that upset my pouch. I called my doc and he told me to go back to clear liquids for the rest of the day and full liquids for another day or two. It helped. I have also read to sip hot tea for some relief.
SCushway
on 3/19/08 3:15 am - Daphne, AL
How's the stomach feeling now? Sandi 02/21/08
antsissy1
on 3/19/08 12:37 pm - FL
Hi he is doing much better. We realized it was portion size. He was eating to what he was used to as FULL and not comfortable. We cut the portion size to 2 - 3 oz and he is doing much better. Now he also has room for fluids. He was very low on fluids but now he is MUCH better. Down 45 pounds since preop liquid diet started and down 30 pounds since surgery date. He is inspiring me to work hard to get the insurance company to ok. I'm proud of him! Thanks for asking
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1502 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1212 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 854 views