Hey Feb. Losers...what have you been up to

Michelle A.
on 9/17/08 1:18 pm - Lincoln, CA
Well Ladies and gentlemen,

Just thought I would check in to see how everyone is doing.  Where are you at with your weight loss at 7 months post-op?  My weight loss has been strange....4 weeks of nothing followed by 4 pounds gone overnight.  This has been a steady thing for the past two months.  I am down 70 pounds and have about 30 more to go.  I went from a size 22/24 to a size 12 so I am really happy.  I decided that I needed to do something incredible to celebrate being under 200 pounds...something I couldn't do UNLESS I was that weight.  So this last weekend I went with my girlfriend and we did something crazy.....we went skydiving.  I am now thinking that for every month I lose weight I am going to go again and if I get to goal I will sign up to be certified to go solo.  If you are interested in seeing the video here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBRuDDQB6ZE

What crazy business have you done to reward yourself?

SCushway
on 9/20/08 6:49 am - Daphne, AL
Congrats on  your 70 lbs loss!  And in a size 12....woo hoo!  I have lost a total of 88 lbs and have gone from a size 22 (2x) to a size 14 (Large).  I would like to lose another 30-50 lbs, hopefully before my cruise in February.  (I can't buy clothes yet for the cruise because I have no idea what size I will be wearing by then...hopefully a 10 at least).  I have been stuck at 170 for about 10 days now so I hope that breaks soon.  My hair loss has really slowed down, but is still coming out a little.  My hairdresser said she could see the new growth so at least its coming back in.  I still haven't started exercising and I KNOW I should, but I just loathe exercising.  I feel great.  My support group is doing the Walk From Obesity in Pensacola, FL on Oct 4th.  I hope I can do all three miles...lol.  I'm looking forward to it.

Sandi
2/21/08 RNY
258/170/120

Michelle A.
on 9/21/08 12:50 am - Lincoln, CA
Congrats on the weight loss!!!!  That is awsome. 

Have fun on your cruise.  We went to the caribbean just before I had surgery and had a great time but I fear that cruises might not be on my agenda anymore.....just too many temptations.  It is great that you are able to do it,though, and make good choices.

SCushway
on 9/21/08 12:59 am - Daphne, AL

I love the new picture of you skydiving.  I don't think I could ever do that.  Not without wearing a depend...lol.  Zip-lining will be enough for me, since I have a terrible fear of heights.  I figure if my 8 and 11 yo neice and nephew can do it, I surely can too.  Due to weight restrictions, previously this was something that I wouldn't have been able to do, but now at my current weight, I easily meet their weight requirements and will weigh even less by the time I get there.

Don't you just feel great?  I love shopping again now that I can wear "normal" sizes.  It opens up so many more options and I swear, it seems the clothes are cuter and less expensive than the plus sizes were. 

Take care everyone and keep posting!

Sandi

tlturner99
on 9/25/08 1:06 pm - Lawton, OK
Well, I have been soooooo bad and have not been on the forum's for a really long time--I forgot how fun and helpful they can be when no one understands what you are experiencing.  I had my surgery February 22 and have lost 112 lbs so far.  I started at 315 and am now down to 203.  I am hoping to get down below 200 before my birthday next Friday--that would be the greatest birthday present ever!!!!  I think that it is so exciting that you went sky diving--to celebrate my new life and what I did for myself by having the surgery, I got a tattoo...now it's low on the back of my neck where no one can see it but me, but for me this was a very bold move. 

But I understand about your being stuck on and off...I have been stuck for the last week and a half as well.  I was going to see what you guys are eating and if anyone had any ideas for getting the ball rolling again.   

Tina Turner

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1502 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1212 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 854 views