Do you ever wonder...

Michelle P.
on 10/3/08 1:06 am - Glens Falls, NY
I wonder at times when I have overeaten or had something that I should not have (darn those carbs!) have I stretched my pouch.

Has anyone ever wondered or worried about this? I am quite sure I have not and continue to lose but you always hear horror stories ---

Any thoughts?

Michelle...                        

SCushway
on 10/3/08 3:15 am - Daphne, AL
I know my limits so I don't have to worry about that.  I think you would have to really, really, REALLY eat a lot to stretch your pouch.  I would get sick and puke way before I was able to eat that much.  I just simply cannot eat much at all so I have to eat more smaller meals and/or supplement with protein snacks and/or shakes.

Sandi
LOSERS-1.jpg picture by mike2121_02

Michelle P.
on 10/3/08 3:49 am - Glens Falls, NY
Yes I know my limits it was just something I thought about because sometimes your mind wanders and you think the worst! lol

I eat the smaller meals also - it was just a thought I wanted to throw out for discussion.

Michelle...                        

melswifey
on 10/9/08 10:44 pm - WI
I think about this on a daily basis. I think it is natural, especially for those who know that eating is a crutch/bad habbit as I call it, and want to make this tool work. I have been fighting a lot with head hunger these days. and wonder even after a meal should I have eaten this. Especially since the weight just doesn't come off like it used to. but I keep telling myself, it's not going up and it still moves down but very slowly.  Happy Friday all.
Michelle P.
on 10/9/08 10:57 pm - Glens Falls, NY
Thank you! Glad to know I am not the only one. The hungar is worse some days than others, I have been doing great, but it seems lately the water retention and constipation get me. I was up 4 lbs this morning, there is no way I ate enough to gain that much. I drink 100oz of water daily so thats not it either. The support here is priceless!
Most of the time the scale is slowly creeping down , my next goal is onederland - woohoo

Yes Happy Friday!!!

PS - I am able to eat 1/2 - 1 cup of something (stirfry, soup etc.,) how about you?

Michelle...                        

melswifey
on 10/13/08 1:29 pm - WI
From what I can tell, I think I'm eating too much. Just like you I have good days and bad days. Sometimes I am just starving and other days I just can't eat anything at all. But  I have to say that I can eat a whole lean cuisine meal at lunch. but then eat a very small dinner. I don't really measure in cup size. So I wonder now if I AM eating too much.
I too have my next goal at onederland. I have 7 pounds to go. Well at least I thought I did until today when I got my period and went up 2 pounds .  I find if I lay off my exercise I do very bad with my weight loss. not really gaining, but just stalling.  So I am trying to get on the treadmill 6 days a week. I can only stay on for short periods of time due to a leg injury.
hopefully you broke your 4lb gain. I'm sure that was temporary. I find that I fluctuate about 2lbs.

Also I'm wondering if anyone else has the same losing pattern as I do. Seems that I stall for about 2-3 weeks then drop about 4lbs. then go again 2-3 weeks and drop another 4lbs. it's weird. my average right now is aprox 7 lbs a month. Just trying to compare and see how I'm doing.
Michelle P.
on 10/13/08 8:34 pm - Glens Falls, NY
I see our surgery date is the same and alot of my thoughts are the same! I lose only about 2 weeks a months and average 5 - 7 lbs, BUT I notic a difference in clothing and was able to buy size 14 skirt this weekend, which was great! My problem is I do not exercise seems like not enough hrs in the day. I did buy the Wii & Wii fit.for Christmas so maybe that will help! I do usually measure my food especially the protein or something like soup - or my famous (lol) mixture of ground beef or turkey, mushrooms, canned dieced tomatos and bean with garlic and onions - it makes a good lunch or quick dinner and can eat just about a cup most days - somedays I cannot eat that much. As for the lean cuisine that is not a huge amount and I would not worry, I was told if I am truly hungry and the pouch is growling then have somthing to eat. I recently started eating Greek yogurt - its expensive but worth it with berries and cereal on it.

I do hope we can keep in touch - my regular email is [email protected] or if you have instant messanger we can talk there.

Have a great day!

Michelle...                        

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1502 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1212 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 854 views