Eight month update?

SCushway
on 10/12/08 12:33 am - Daphne, AL

My weight loss has slowed down tremendously.  But where I didn't lose in lbs, I definitely lost some in inches.  I got into a size 12 pants this month (from a 22W).  I consider that quite an accomplishment.  Still wearing Large tops.  Am at 91 lbs lost and seem stuck there.  Need to step up my efforts and make that century mark before Thanksgiving.  That's my short-term goal anyhow. 

Sandi
2/21/08 RNY

irshfiregrl
on 10/16/08 1:50 am - Portsmouth, NH
Hi everyone,
I don't usually post here but then again I just stumbled upon it! 
Im not 8 months out til the end of the month but I seem to be doing well.
I have lost a total of 107lbs.  Im 3lbs away from my original goal but i have moved my goal for an additional 10lbs so we shall see if i can get there.  I'm wearing a size 8 pant and med/lg tops depending on the cut and brand.  I'm just happy to be in normal stores and able to find the nicer things in my size.  I started at a 22W and a 2x top so im pretty happy. 
Things are certainly slowing down in the weight loss department... Probably because Im not as strict as i was in the beginning, but Im trying to eat more "normal" these days.  I exercise lots to compensate for those CARB days and it seems to even each other out.  So far Ive only lost 5lbs this month so I will probably fall way short of my 10lb goal.. O well Ill keep plugging away and it will come! 
Best of luck to everyone, Hope you are all doing well.
Kate
2/27/08 RNY

Start 260/ Surgery 249/ Goal 140/ Current 135       5.8"

SCushway
on 10/16/08 11:45 pm - Daphne, AL
You go girl!  Way to go on almost making goal!  I still have about 40 lbs until goal, and I hope to make it by cruise time in Febrauary.  At the rate things are going, I may get close but will probably take a little longer.  Congrats on a job well done!

congrats2.gif Congratulations image by CavCafe

Sandi

Michelle A.
on 10/23/08 4:37 am - Lincoln, CA
I am down 70 pounds.  I was hoping to be further along that I am but I have been a slow loser from the start.  I started at 260 and am currently around 186.  I went from a size 22/24 to a size 12 and one size 10 pant.  I wear a size large in shirts.  I am having a difficult time losing any more weight and have lost and gained the same 4 pounds over the last 4 weeks.  I will just keep on keeping on, though, and hope the rest comes off.  My goal is to lose another 30 pounds.
healthygirl2b
on 10/23/08 1:23 pm, edited 10/23/08 1:23 pm
I had lap band surgery on 2/13/08. I have lost 105 lbs since then. But a total of 185 including weight lost prior to surgery from 6/07 until now. I don't regret my decision not one bit !!!! The quality of my life dramatically improved and I am very happy. Weight loss continues to be around 2 - 3 lbs per week. But I am still recouperating from Hernia Repair surgery 2 weeks ago, and can't return to the gym for my hardcore workouts for another 2 weeks. Once I go back to the gym (after being cleared by surgeon) my weight loss will definitely be more like 3-4 lbs per week. My surgeon is extremely pleased with my results. I am very happy with what I have accomplished thus far. I am excited about continuing my journey until I reach my goal and then to live a life of maintenance.

I enjoy hearing about how others are doing, so please feel free to share your experinces here. :-)

Doirinne
2/13/08 Lap Band
Dr. T. Paul Singh
Albany Medical Center
Albany, NY

ps Almost forgot my pant size has gone from a size 32/34 down to a size 20 almost at a size 18. Couple more weeks and I am so there !!!!!!
SCushway
on 10/24/08 10:51 pm - Daphne, AL
Doirinne,
 You have done amazingly well to have lost 185 lbs!  That is awesome.  I bet you are on top of the world and feeling like a million bucks.  Sorry to hear about your set back with the hernia surgery, but it sounds like you are ready to get right back on track with your loss.  My loss has slowed down to about 5 lbs a month.  Perhaps if I got on a serious exercise program I would lose faster.  Kudos to you on a job well done.  I know what an accomplishment getting into a size 18 felt like.  Once you hit 18, it seems there's no stopping you now....lol.

Sandi

Looking Good

healthygirl2b
on 10/24/08 11:47 pm, edited 10/24/08 11:54 pm
I just wanted to make a statement to try and encourage people, anyone who is post op and struggling to lose or to maintain, my personal opinion, and from personal experience is this:  We will get out of this journey what we put in.

I no longer enable myself or "coddle" sp?? myself nor wish others (family & friends) to do this either. I am brutally honest and that's how I want people to deal with me. I have been on this roller coaster for 37 years. I have been a big person my entire life as far  back as I can remember. Why did I wait to change my life until age 37? Because I have been enabled and coddled (sp?) my entire life and I choose not to live that way anymore.

When I find myself struggling, I think about sabotaging my efforts but I really contemplate before I make a  solid decision to do so. I am not willing to pay for the consequences of self sabotage (eating poorly or saying to heck with exercise). As times get tough, it's then that we need to be stronger than ever and believe in ourselves. WE DESERVE THE EFFORT TO MAKE THIS JOURNEY A SUCCESS !!!!!! WE DESERVE TO BE HEALTHY AND HAPPY !!!!! That cookie or doughnut AND/OR caving into self sabotage by not exercising or realizing the IMPORTANCE of exercise (both walking & working out, whatever you do for physical activity) is not worth the risk it imposes on your SUCCESS !!!! Please, please, please, pick up a journal, write down your fear/anger/hurt/frustrated feelings. Talk to a support person, go to a support group; surround yourself with positive supportive people. Make good choices for yourself, you are worth it.

Others will learn from you, be inspired by you, and look up to you. Believe in yourself and your PHENOMINAL SELF WORTH!!!!  I am inspired by everyone who takes charge of their life and doesn't give up on themselves!!!! Please don't give up, and keep chugging along !!!! You are amazing people. Don't forget to remind yourselves EVERYDAY how special you are!!! Sharing your experiences with living a healthy life and sharing your journey will HELP SO MANY OTHER PEOPLE !!!!!!

PAY IT FORWARD !!!!!

Be good to yourself today and always. Please keep us posted on your journey. With love and support,

Doirinne
Lap Band 2/13/08
Dr. T. Paul Singh
Albany Medical Center
Albany, NY
Sam L
on 11/13/08 6:05 am - North West, IN
I'm just over 8 months out (can't believe that already) and I'm down just over 120 lbs.  This was the best thing I ever did and wish I would have done it sooner!  I have about 20 lbs to go before I hit goal.  I wanted to be there by Christmas, but like everyone else the loss has slowed down.  But I'm losing inches!  I'm hoping to be at goal by my one year mark.  I'm in a 14 pant (down from a 30) and a 10-12 shirt (down from 26-28). 

320/302.5/ 153/ 155       5'9"
high/surgery/current/goal                    Size 28/30 to an 8/10!

I DID IT!!  GOAL ON 2/23/09

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1501 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1212 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 854 views