When did the weight loss slow down?

nascar24n48
on 11/10/08 1:33 am
I lurk your board every week. Stalker no but looking to see whats ahead and your board is fairly active. My date was in April. Looking to see when you guy**** serious slow downs in weight loss.  I started at 242 in April and am down to 154 at 6 1/2 months out. Think its slowing way down. When did you guys slow down or stop losing? Anything you would change? Kim

SCushway
on 11/10/08 9:32 pm, edited 11/10/08 9:33 pm - Daphne, AL

I guess mine slowed down at around 6-8 months out.  I am still losing about 2-3 lbs here and there, but not like it was in the beginning.  The only advice I can give you is keep your protein up and limit your carbs.  When I sit down to eat, I eat my meat and veggies first, then IF there is any room I will eat my starches, but I am usually full by then.  Also, I found that I wasn't consuming enough calories, which was also slowing down my loss.  (I was skipping breakfast).  Once I upped my daily intake just a tad, I started losing again.  So there's a fine line between eating enough and eating too much.  You have to find where your sweet spot is somewhere in between.  Also important is getting your daily water.

Another thing to watch out for is slipping back into bad eating habits.  Unfortunately, I don't seem to dump on much of anything and almost slipped back into some bad habits, but i nipped that in the bud.  I have to eat right if I plan to keep losing and make my goal weight. 

Sandi

Michelle S.
on 11/10/08 11:27 pm, edited 11/10/08 11:30 pm - North Jersey, NJ
Here is my chart (i post it on the bottom of my blog). In the last 2 mths I've gone 1-2 weeks at a time w/o seeing any change, but then I look at the totals per mth & notice that it is still moving...slowly, but still moving:

02/25/08 - 263.5 lbs day of surgery
03/25/08 - 241.5 lbs
(mth 1 = LOST 22.0 lbs)
04/25/08 - 229.0 lbs
(mth 2 = LOST 12.5 lbs)
05/25/08 - 218.8 lbs (mth 3 = LOST 10.2 lbs)
06/25/08 - 208.0 lbs (mth 4 = LOST 10.8 lbs)
07/25/08 - 201.5 lbs (mth 5 = LOST  6.5
lbs)
08/25/08 -
193.5 lbs (mth 6 = LOST  8.0 lbs)
9/25/08 - 187.5 lbs (mth 7 = LOST  6.0 lbs)
10/25/08 - 182.5 lbs (mth 8 = LOST  5.0 lbs)

Since my 8 mth weigh in, 2 wks have gone by & I've only lost another 2.5 lbs

Lilypie - (HPu4)
glitzigirl
on 11/12/08 5:18 am - Teaneck, NJ
Whew!....I thought I was the only one. I have only lost 6-8lbs a month for the last 3 months and now in November I have not lost anything yet as I keep gaining and re-loosing the same 1-2lbs. However, I have decided to ride the wave and let it be. I have no intention of becoming a gym rat and I keep my calories around 1000-1100 a day so let the chips fall where they may. I am living my life the way I want to for life (i.e. I do snack and sometimes indulge but within 1300 calories tops) and wherever that leaves me is what will be. In my eyes, that is the ONLY way to make it work for life. I don't do protein shakes or artificial sweeteners. My surgeon was fine with that as long as I took the Weigh****chers approach and kept the calories in check. He did say that without exercise my calories would probably stay around 1100 to maintain a normal weight and I am fine with that. Like I said, I have already begun my new life and doing what feels good and what I am willing to do for life. I have 35lbs to go and I am about 9 months out (2/26/08). I am staggering along with all of you and we can all share skinny pics when we hit goal (whenever that may be.....)
Michelle A.
on 11/12/08 10:06 pm - Lincoln, CA

I feel like I have hit bottom.  I started pre-op at 254 (highest weight was 260).  I have lost rather slowly but consistently all along the way.  The thing that concerns me is that I haven't lost weight in over 2 months!!!  I am either at a plateau or I am all done.  I am at 185 right now.  I track all calories and, although I get in exercise, I keep my calories low because I know I am not burning up a lot of calories (I was a brisk 2 miles, 5 days a week).  I finally called my surgeon's office to ask if this is normal and was asked to fax in my food journal.  I know some of it could be that I rarely eat breakfast.  I usually eat my first small something around 10:30 or so in the morning and then have a late lunch around 1:30 or 2 pm and then a light dinner in the evening.  I have never noticed much of a difference whether I go low carb or not but I never eat things like pasta, rice, potatoes.  That said, my breakdown in calorie distribution per day is usually 40% protein, 30% carbs and 30% fat.  I just hope the scale keeps moving.  I am down to a size 10/12 so I am happy with that part.  I just feel like I have another 20 pounds to go before I will feel all done.  I am 5'6" so I won't be getting down to 130 or anything.

glitzigirl
on 11/12/08 10:36 pm - Teaneck, NJ
Michelle,

I am dying to know....we are exactly the same height and weight but I wear a size Lg top and a 14-16 in pants. I wish 10/12 would fit me. Are you top heavy? I want smaller pants like you
SCushway
on 11/15/08 9:48 pm - Daphne, AL
I'm a little shorter...coming in at 5'4".  I started at 258 and am now at 161 abd wearing a size 12 pants and large top.  I too have been feeling a little "top" heavy.  I kinda figured that since that was the first place that I gained, that I would lose there first too, but I have only gone down one cup size (but have gone from a 44DD to a 38D...which IS good).  I still feel top heavy and wish I would lose some weight in my upper half.

I have just started working out...finally...and am working my upper half to try to tone up a bit. The arms aren't bad, but the tummy is flabby and the "girls" are hanging low.  TMI...sorry.

Sandi

cosmgrl
on 11/19/08 5:25 am
Hello fellow Februarians! I too am struggling to see the scales move the past couple months but it's at least still moving-maybe 5-8 lbs the past 2 months. I think I found my "sweet spot" -I am now eating around 1600 calories and working off 500-600 per day (I have been working out 3-6 times /week since 6 weeks out of surgery). I know that sound like a lot of food to some people but honestly I think my body needs that much-I was maxing at 1200 but was losing nothingggg. The biggest problem for me right now is being able to eat sugar-i had to throw away the halloween candy. All in all I'm very pleased-down 110 lbs and wearing a size 12 pants and med to large top. My hair is even coming in nicely now!!  This was truly the best thing I ever did for myself!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Three Years!!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 1501 views
where is everyone
melswifey · 1 replies · 1212 views
Happy 2-Year Anniversary!!
Nicolle · 0 replies · 852 views