It seems like a reality now!!!!

mkdrgnfly
on 1/15/09 1:53 am - callaway, VA

Well, I had my final appt with my surgeon yesterday.  Got my scripts for after surgery and a final rundown of how things will happen.. I am so excited that I cannot stand myself..  I dont know how others are dealing with me.. hee hee-  not really.  besides my family and a  couple close friends i have been playing this one close to the chest.

I guess i kinda felt like the surgeon would change his mind..i know, i am a worry wart.  i tend to do that.  Was I happy to be there and be talking about all the things i needed to expect.  when i left i was as giddy as a child. 

now to just hurry up and wait.. ha ha ha..  just 25 days left... wwhhoooohoooo.

border.gif picture by malkuth1026
trouble256
on 1/15/09 2:05 am - Athens, AL

I totally understand where you are at...

I havent had my pre op appointment yet-thats coming tuesday--but I am giddy also! Today, I actually was looking in my fridge and was thinking I cant wait until I get paid so I can look in the fridge and it be stocked with food....then I thought to myself, wait....Ill be eating jello...nevermind!

Just curious...did your surgeon give you a list of things to take with you to the hospital?  Mine refused to give me any insight of that until my preop and I am on a budget and would like to buy things early?

What kind of prescriptions  did your surgeon give you? Since our surgery is so close we should keep in touch and compare nutrition info, concerns, fears...etc.  Let me know if you would like a journey buddy!

Good Luck on your surgery!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
wongypsygirl
on 1/15/09 7:16 am
Woo Hoo....How exciting. I feel the same way. I don't have an appointment until the 26th and do all my pre-op stuff n the 2nd & 3rd of February. I'm so excited though. The nevousness has not kicked in yet.

Would you mind sharing with us what they had you do to prep for post op? What types of foods/meds did they suggest?

twinkletoes7
on 1/15/09 9:20 am - Timmins , Canada
WOOT WOOT, I know that feeling. I am excited, and scared.... OMG tis sooooo close huh?

I have my 30 day phyiscal scheduled for the 23 as well as my ekg and my chest xray oh and all those lovely labs!
Kathy P.
on 1/15/09 3:30 pm - Port Orchard, WA
We are on our way! I have my pre-op on the 20th. One week into my pre-op diet. I had the same thought, "what if my doc changes his mind?"

I'm excited too...the past few weeks have been bittersweet, but the time is coming up quickly! I haven't told a whole lot of people, and I work with a pretty small and tight team, they are really supportive as well. They are going to trace my outline on our chalk board...and watch it shrink.

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
mkdrgnfly
on 1/16/09 1:57 am - callaway, VA
Emily C.
on 1/16/09 2:25 pm - Claremore, OK
I totally understand your excitement. I am 18 days away from my last visit with the surgeon. I will get my date then. I am counting it down too. You are having your surgery on my mom's birthday.
Emily

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hypertrophic scarring
JazzyOne9254 · 0 replies · 782 views
5 years out!
idgett · 2 replies · 770 views
TVP protein
singdoremi · 0 replies · 875 views
Bariatric Regain :(
Lissa Strombelline · 0 replies · 1107 views