reply about my final pre surgery visit & after surgery lists

mkdrgnfly
on 1/16/09 2:02 am, edited 1/16/09 2:10 am - callaway, VA

I dont mind sharing a bit... and YES Marla, I would LOVE a surgery buddy.

Congrats to you guys on your appts getting here...I bet you all will be giddy like i was, hee hee, and put away those, what if they change their mind fears!!   I am sooo happy for ALL of us.....  

ok-first, sorry.... this is long...

At my appt they didnt mention my 2 week liver shrink diet at all, which shocked me afterward ( i didnt think  of it while i was there), they did tell me to make sure I bought stuff to have on hand, here is my list:

Tums EX (for calcium)
chewable tylenol-will have to take those a couple times a day afterward
jello
broth ( can drain the broth off chicken noodle they said, tastes better)
popsicles
any kind of clear liquid things that i would like for afterwards

these are things they said i could get whenever that would be helpful:
blender
strainer
measuring spoons
small plate
ice cube trays- for freezing small portions of prepared pureed foods (nifty idea- i would have never thunk it..)

scripts they gave me for after surgery:
a disolvable acid reducer
new blood pressure meds(mine had a diurectic in it and thats a no, no after surgery)
liquid pain meds

they also gave me an incentive spirometer to practice with at home(breathing) so that i am able to do it after surgery when i may not be completely coherant.

I also stumbled upon a lotion I am stocking up on, it is made by Curel, and it is for pregnancy and motherhood but is supposed to help with elasticity in your skin- which i am concerned about. this is what it says about it:  This fast-absorbing cream helps your skin withstand the changes of pregnancy by increasing elasticity over 100%, helping to smooth the appearance of stretch marks. It also relieves dry, tight skin, making it soft and comfortable, including postpartum skin.

HEY, i am all about elasticity and helping postpartum skin, if it works postpartum pregancy skin i figure it couldnt hurt right.....

ya'll keep in touch
michelle

border.gif picture by malkuth1026
Kathy P.
on 1/16/09 3:39 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Hi Michelle!
    IT'S GETTING CLOSER!!! I'm slightly excited as well, thus the caps!

I have my pre-op on the 20th, and I'm glad you posted your list....it will be a good reminder for questions for my doc.  At my orientation, I received the incentive spirometer, with the same instructions, practice at home so when you are drugged after sugery, it will be more natural to do.  I take hydroclorathiazide for my blood pressure (diuretic), and was wondering if they would discontinue. Sounds like they will.

I do have one question though....

You mentioned a lotion by Curel? Do you remember what it's called? I'd like to stock up, you know, enough to fill my bath tub? This idea sounds better than mine, which was stealing a scrunchy from my daughter and pulling all the loose skin upward into a high ponytail.

Take care,
Kathy

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
prdurham
on 1/16/09 10:30 pm - Durham, NC

Good morning Michelle,

Very helpful info, thank you.  Is Kathy toooooo funny?  Cracks me up every time.  I hope you have an excellent day that goes your way.  Take Care,   Pam

trouble256
on 1/18/09 2:08 am - Athens, AL

well I will send you my contact info and if all else...we can chit chat text, whatever. 

I have already been stocking up on ckn noodle soup, jello, liquid tyenol...(guess i should get chewable)

blender should be delivered soon, ordered it last week, already have measuring spoons, small plates (target has small plates and "dipping" bowls that i got they are so cute!

my pre op is tuesday!  im so excited.  although, i have to pay all my copays and surgery fees, and my taxes havent came in yet.  boooo....good thing i have savings....

eucirna (sp?) has a lotion in a tub...its basically body butter...but walmart carries a generic version and its great!  and the huge tub that lasts 2-3 months.....$5! yeah....so check it out, im gonna take pics of everything and post them....that way i can give everyone an idea.

thanks for posting!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
mkdrgnfly
on 1/19/09 1:49 am - callaway, VA

Hey all, thanks for all the comments.. and Kathy , you are too funny...

the Curel is Pregnancy and motherhood, from their lifestages line.. you can look it up online too. it is at our walmart in a standup tube and is like $6.47.

I ALSO will need a bathtub of it... ha ha...

i know this is short guys and i am sorry, i will post more later.. work is calling my name at the moment.... hee hee..

God bless you guys... keep in touch

border.gif picture by malkuth1026
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hypertrophic scarring
JazzyOne9254 · 0 replies · 782 views
5 years out!
idgett · 2 replies · 770 views
TVP protein
singdoremi · 0 replies · 875 views
Bariatric Regain :(
Lissa Strombelline · 0 replies · 1107 views