Moments of weekness

twinkletoes7
on 1/17/09 11:16 pm - Timmins , Canada
well i officially broke down, Everything is running through my mind..EVERYTHING. As I was laying in bed, my eyes filled with tears. See i am about to right my will, well.... what a rush of emotions. I am individually writing something to each of my children in the event that i shall not make it. I want everything in order, because really we never know. I am I ready for this surgery, yes! However i am scared as *** k! I know the hardest part, will be packing up those damn bags and saying a potential good by to my children. Ok so maybe i am a little paranoid, maybe I should just Chill!........Anyone else scared
MSW will not settle
on 1/17/09 11:50 pm
We'd be fools if we weren't scared.  I'm also nervous as well as psyched.  I put this off for years  because of concerns when these procedures were new.  Now the complication rate is  low and most surgeons have so much experience problems won't be an issue. 

You and I both know we need this.  There will be no good byes because serious complications are unlikely.  The odds are overwhelmingly in our favor. 

Instead of good bye notes plan what you'll do together with your kids that you did not do before you went on your weight loss journey.  Be positive and focus on getting slimmer and slimmer and enjoying your kids more and more as you change your lifestyle.

I let the what if's delay doing this to the point that my daughter finished high school, and college, and had the surgery before I pulled myself together and got serious.  I'm going to freak out for a while and that's OK because in three weeks I'll be having my surgery and this time next year I'll be near or at my goal. 

Be extra good to yourself right now and thank you for helping me  keep it all in perspective.   I've been here on and off since yesterday for reassurance that its not just me! 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

twinkletoes7
on 1/18/09 12:09 am - Timmins , Canada
Thank you for your response. I couldnt much agree with you more! I need this surgery, I want to see my grandchildren, its been made clear to me that if I continue on like this i will not have that chance. I am so glad i came here and shared how i was feeling, but mostly I am glad you responded like you did. Thank you so much, your words mean the world to me at this very moment!
MSW will not settle
on 1/22/09 11:02 am
Don't mention it.  If you need a surgery buddy add me as a friend.  I could use one too.  My surgery is a few days before yours so I will gladly fill you in on my experience. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

twinkletoes7
on 1/23/09 12:58 am - Timmins , Canada
I definitly will do that!!!!
twinkletoes7
on 1/23/09 12:59 am - Timmins , Canada
PS It wont let me add u, can u please add me. Thank ya
Emily C.
on 1/18/09 4:48 pm - Claremore, OK
Wow, I know exactly what you are experiencing. I went through the same rush of emotions 2 years ago when I first decided to have surgery. It was terrible. I just knew I wouldn't make it and I told my kids how I felt and my husband. I wrote out my last wishes and said all my good byes. Then, something hit me. I thought wow if I am this worried about it I am not ready for this surgery. I prayed for peace and just never got it so I backed out of the surgery. It was the best decision I made. After that a peace just came up on me. I felt so relieved. About 4 months ago I decided it was the right time. I started praying about it and I have had nothing but peace about it this go round. I called the surgeon's office. they told me I had to repeat everything except my 6 month supervised diet. So, I started the whole process all over again. I am finished with everything now. I am on my 30 day pre op diet and I am so looking forward to having the surgery. I am not worried at all. I have complete peace about my decision. I am excited and can't wait to get it done.  I hope that you are able to find the peace that I have found. I will be praying for you. best wishes, and God's best.
Emily

Karen A.
on 1/23/09 7:07 am
I completely understand. I have a 4 yr. daughter and I have been writing her letters since she was born. I have written her and my husband letters in  the event something happens. That being said I have complete faith in my doctor and I know that God has answered my prayers. I am here with you and know that our journey will be one of success and happiness.

My surgery is on the 16th of Feb.

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hypertrophic scarring
JazzyOne9254 · 0 replies · 782 views
5 years out!
idgett · 2 replies · 770 views
TVP protein
singdoremi · 0 replies · 875 views
Bariatric Regain :(
Lissa Strombelline · 0 replies · 1107 views