Two Week Liquid diet starting today! Suggestions?

Tremory40
on 1/29/09 1:27 am - Central, LA
VSG on 02/12/09 with
So my VSG is 2/12. It's real now. My mandatory 2 week liquid diet begins today. I have some protein shakes, some FF Cream soups (mixed with FF Milk), and water flavors, but is there anything else that qualifies that would "trick" me into thinking I'm eating? Does Yogurt count? I was told if I could suck it through a staw it counts....but if thats the case I would just put everything in a blender and thin it out. Is that cheating? Should I  be doing only low carb liquids?
HELP!
PS... I would like to lose 12 more lbs in these 2 weeks...Feasible?

16 lbs lost pre-op!

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/09 2:33 am
okay the first couple of days are gonna be HELL!!!! but after that your good...here's what I do because on full liquids also and my surgery is the 11Th...I use vanilla soy milk because its sweeter in my protein shakes I use vanilla protein powder also and blend it up with 1 container of dannon fit and lite yogurt...then I eat for snack a sugar free pudding yumm you you never guess how good they are until you cant have anything else...then a shake for lunch I change up the flavor of yogurt and then another snack of broth or jello/ pudding whatever and keep eating sugar free Popsicle's and of course the kicker is......GUM!!!!!! I cant live without it because I have a huge craving and that makes it go away I just chew chew chew until my jaw hurts and then I'm over it...drink water and you should be good also I like miso soup and egg drop soup too...good luck you can do it!!!! Just take one day at a time!!!!
Tremory40
on 1/29/09 2:36 am - Central, LA
VSG on 02/12/09 with
Thanks! I will try your menu day out tomarrow!

16 lbs lost pre-op!

DEBI P.
on 1/29/09 8:36 am - ROYAL PALM BEACH, FL
Just do the best you can.  If you slip,get back on track. It is hard, but can be done.  Good luck!
mrshamilton
on 1/29/09 10:35 am

i have found that if you thin out the shakes with more milk, they are actually pretty good. just make sure you shake, shake, and shake, and then mix some more. the chicken soup is pretty good, and the dietician at my center said you can use beef or chicken broth rather than water. if you get hungry, you can also have some broth, because warm liquids trick you into thinking your fuller and satisfies the craving. if you like yogurt, you can do those yogurt shakes that are sugar free or low sugar.

i started mine last week, and i have slipped, but i get right back on the horse. thats all you need to do.

good luck!

misseye
on 1/29/09 10:46 pm
Im not supose to have anything but 4 adkins shakes and clear sugar free liquids.  Its only 10 days though.  Man is it going to be hard!
Tremory40
on 1/30/09 7:05 am - Central, LA
VSG on 02/12/09 with
Thanks! It's good to know that others have slipped up. I have slipped up. I ate about 3 oz of pure protein. I will get better. I can do better.

16 lbs lost pre-op!

whill712
on 1/31/09 10:31 am - Metairie, LA
Hi, I see the LSU pic so I am assuming that you are in Louisiana, whereabouts? I live outside of New Orleans and am having a VSG on 2/12. How are you doing on your diet so far? I have a diet too, but it consists of Optifast shakes and not much else.

10 lbs lost preop.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hypertrophic scarring
JazzyOne9254 · 0 replies · 786 views
5 years out!
idgett · 2 replies · 775 views
TVP protein
singdoremi · 0 replies · 878 views
Bariatric Regain :(
Lissa Strombelline · 0 replies · 1113 views