Freakin Out!!!

trouble256
on 1/30/09 12:48 pm - Athens, AL

HOLY CRAP!!  I only have one day of my "old" life left!!!  I said my "see ya laters" to all my co workers today and got my suitcase all packed for my journey into my new healthier life, I AM SO EXCITED!! 

I am freakin out now though, and before when I would freak out it was because I was worried about the drugs, or the tube down my throat, or the catheter ( still a little worried about that one) but now I am actually worrying about.....failing.  

What happens if I fail?  What happens if i go through all this, and the side affects, and I still cant hack it?  I am beginning to have serious second thoughts. I dont think I would back out because well...I know this is the best choice I have EVER made, but I am worried!!  

I have come to far to fail!

Thanks for letting me lose it...........See you on the losers bench Monday!!  7:30 am !!!  Wish me luck!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
ChefLorrie
on 1/30/09 10:23 pm
I have been having the same thoughts!  Can I handle this?  I will never be able to eat my favorite junk food again.  Then I think, I have to do this....  I cannot go on living the same way and eating myself to death!  That is what we are doing.  It is going to be tough, but we will get through it.  Everyone here is either gone through it or going to.  We can rant and rave here, get advise...... get support!   We are all here together!  We are all on the journey to Wonderland!  
I wish you a safe and speedy recovery on Monday

MSW will not settle
on 1/30/09 10:49 pm

I know I can't handle some foods and be successful.  My weaknesses are very much transparent to me.  It's goodbye forever to certain foods.  That's why I chose RNY. 

Just based on what you said I know you'll do well.  You know your own issues well enough to be concerned.  You're not hiding from them and you're not oblivious.  That's why you will be a
great success

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

ElleTee
on 1/30/09 11:54 pm
Good luck to you!

I think we all have the same fears.  As cliche as it sounds, whenever I think about never being able to sit down with a bag of potato chips again, I try to remember to take it one day at a time. My mind can't handle never having some things again, but I can handle not having any today and possibly even finding healthy substitutes in the future. 

Lara
trouble256
on 1/31/09 4:50 am - Athens, AL
wow you guys thanks!  i am pretty much over my worries, for now!  Who knows how much longer I will be that way.  Tomorrow I do my all liquid diet for one day and bowel prep....yay!  (uug)  I will see you guys on the losers bench!!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hypertrophic scarring
JazzyOne9254 · 0 replies · 786 views
5 years out!
idgett · 2 replies · 775 views
TVP protein
singdoremi · 0 replies · 878 views
Bariatric Regain :(
Lissa Strombelline · 0 replies · 1113 views