Question for those who had it already

serathia
on 2/7/09 1:58 pm - Schenectady, NY
I had my gallbladder out on monday and have my bypass next monday.  My question is when I was coming out of anesthesia I felt terrible...like I couldn't breathe but yet couldn't wake up...was like a bad dream.  I remember the nurse giving my oxygen and saying I was having a little trouble and might have some mild undiagnosed sleep apnea.  I'm just wondering if I do have sleep apnea can they do anything different to make waking up more pleasant?  Has anyone felt crappy waking up? Maybe it's normal..I don't know.  

Guess I'm more scared of that part of it than anything else...  I think they gave me a lot of anti nausea meds too which can make you even more groggy..

Any words of wisdom?

Thanks

-Jennifer 
newbarb2
on 2/8/09 8:17 am
Jennifer,

I totally understand.  I had my gallbladder out about 4 years ago and had nausea after the surgery while in recovery.  When I had my RNY, I told the anesthesiologist that I get nauseous after anesthesia and they were ready for me.  I just said the word nausea and they were right there at the ready with something.  Just make sure you communicate the best you can and they will take good care of you.

Best of luck for your upcoming surgery.

Barb

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hypertrophic scarring
JazzyOne9254 · 0 replies · 792 views
5 years out!
idgett · 2 replies · 777 views
TVP protein
singdoremi · 0 replies · 881 views
Bariatric Regain :(
Lissa Strombelline · 0 replies · 1121 views