Best Wishes to All February Surgery Folks

newbarb2
on 2/8/09 8:21 am
Greetings,

I had my lap RNY in January and everything is just wonderful.  No vomiting, no nausea, no foods that aren't agreeing with Peppermint Patty (my pouch.)

I wanted to wish everyone the best for your surgery this month and to let you know that I am here if you need support.  I've done quite a bit of blogging on my surgery or feel free to PM me.

Just wanted to lend you support and tell you I have no regrets and am feeling great.

Hugs and best wishes to all of you.  I'll be saving you all a nice warm spot on the losers bench.

Barb

lucystarr2006
on 2/8/09 11:33 am - WI
Thank you for the offer of support. I am happy that all is going well with you. Like your pouch's name.

Starting weight 336/surgery-288/current-180/nextgoal175#

Example 1 Onderland feels and looks great!!

newbarb2
on 2/8/09 1:40 pm
The funny story about my pouches name.... the 1st thing I wanted to "eat" when I got home was some sugar free pudding I bought before surgery.  Jello, SF chocolate mint with fudge.  The site of the fudge didn't sit well, so I had my husband scoop it off and then the mint in the pudding just didn't do it for me.  I am sure it has changed now, but on that 3rd day, it wasn't the thing for me. So Peppermint Patty rules the roost!  LOL

Barb

Kristina P.
on 2/8/09 11:48 am - IN
You are so sweet and I just pray that my surgery is as sucessful as yours (I'm really afraid of the vomiting). 

My surgery is scheduled for the 18th of Feb and I am on the pre-op diet. I have definitely had my ups and downs (and moments of weakness) but I'm  going to hold strong and not let the mistakes repeat themselves.  I need to take it one moment at a time and concentrate on now and not think about how I'll be on this horrible diet for another 9 days.  I think it's hard for me right now because I KNOW that food won't make me sick becuase I haven't had the surgery yet. I don't have the fear of nausea/vomiting hanging over my head.  I'm just so tired of being hungry most of the time!!

That being said - LORD FORGIVE ME FOR TODAY and give me the strength to carry forward!

Thanks for letting me vent, Barb!

Kristina
newbarb2
on 2/8/09 1:37 pm
Kristina,

You vent girl, you can and it's ok.  I am not too sure what type of pre-op diet you are on, but I had to do 3 slimfasts per day and clear liquids.  What I did was chase each slimfast with a big glass of water and it really helped to fill me up.

One other hint, plain broth makes me gag as it is too salty. SO, I bought regular Progresso soup and strained out all the goodies and still had the flavor of everything in the broth.  One day I got the urge for more flavor so I went to my local chinese restaurant and orered the biggest hot and sour soup I could find, strained out the solids and man did I indulge.  It was great.

Hang in there, keep the faith and keep your eye on the prize, it will be so worth it.

Please let me know how you're doing and know if you need to vent, you can throw it in my direction anytime.

Hugs,
Barb

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hypertrophic scarring
JazzyOne9254 · 0 replies · 792 views
5 years out!
idgett · 2 replies · 777 views
TVP protein
singdoremi · 0 replies · 881 views
Bariatric Regain :(
Lissa Strombelline · 0 replies · 1121 views