Need Support!

shelbadobbs
on 2/11/09 8:49 am - TX
Okay guys, I am needing some encouraging words right now! I am on day 9 of my 14 day pre-op all liquid diet and I am seriously having some trouble! I am honestly rationalizing to myself to go to my favorite mexican restaurant in the morning and get an oh-so-yummy breakfast burritto! I am seriously telling myself that one slip-up won't harm my progress or my surgery! While mentally I know this is ridiculous, but my stomach just doesn't want to listen! I really wich my surgeon was a little more lax with the diet, I think I would even be a little happier with some jello or popsicles at this point! I have had nothing but protein shakes and water for 9 days and I am seriously having a meltdown! Please help! Talk me down from that ledge! lol.
jharrington8172
on 2/11/09 10:04 am - Hermitage, TN

Stay focused ... I know it has to be hard being on just the liquid diet for 14 days.   I don't start my liquid diet until the 19th and then i do 3 days all liquids and 2 days clear liquids.    Even though I am not on my liquid diet yet, I told myself at my surgeon consult that I was going to loose 30 pounds before surgery.   Well that was on 1/21 and I am down 31 pounds, so the other day I was driving home and all of a sudden it hit me... Is that Mc Donalds I smell?  It smells so good, maybe I could stop for just 1 cheeseburger.  So i pulled in and sat in the parking lot for 1/2 hour... I wanted it so bad but if I allowed myself this one cheat would that lead to others. What do I do?   So i drove home and took my dogs for a walk and then came home and had a chicken breast.  My point is never take your eye off of the prize.  I am not going to stop until I am healthy and I know that is what you want to.  So if you can just take a walk and clear your head next time you have the urge to cheat.   That always works best for me.. 

Keep your chin up and keep chugging along the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is near.

480/435/180/230
HW/SW/CW/GW

Currently Looking into Plastics with Dr. Carden (in Mexico)

shelbadobbs
on 2/11/09 10:12 am - TX
Thank you so much for your encouraging words! You are right, I am also afraid that one cheat would lead to another! I just wish my stomach understood! Congratulations on your amazing accomplishments thus far!

Shelba Dobbs

Starting/Current/Goal/Loss
343/205/160/138lbs

lindavip
on 2/11/09 10:05 am - Moreno Valley, CA
I am not too helpful, since I only had to do ONE day pre op liquids only. That would be very difficult I have no doubt!!  I will pray for you and maybe someone that is also going though it can speak from experience. (((Shelba)))

24 lbs lost prior to surgery
shelbadobbs
on 2/11/09 10:13 am - TX
Well man I wish I had your surgeon! lol. Thanks for the prayers! I definitely am feeling like I need them!

Shelba Dobbs

343/205/160/138lbs

pineview01
on 2/15/09 7:43 am - Davison, MI
I wish I had your surgeon too.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

fluffyNcute
on 2/11/09 10:39 am - Beantown, MA

Call your doctors office in the morning speak to the nutritionist and let her know your feeling a bit hungry and want to know if you are allowed anything else. Sometimes we are misinformed and go on thinking we can only have specific items. Let me know how that goes.But keep focused and understand and realize your doing this to get your health back. I did it for two weeks I know its not easy I am here for you.

shelbadobbs
on 2/11/09 10:43 am - TX
Thanks hon! When I started feeling like this I knew that if I asked for support I would be sure to get it on here! I just hope that I can hang on for just a few more days! I just want to get to the surgery and move on!  Thanks for the continued support!

Shelba Dobbs

343/205/160/138lbs

(deactivated member)
on 2/11/09 11:52 pm - Sevierville, TN
I'm surpised you cant have sugar free jello and popsicles. I would call and ask about these. They are considered liquids on most diets.

Blessings,
Karen
MSW will not settle
on 2/12/09 3:02 am
I had three meltdowns two I posted on the board or my blog and another one just two days before surgery that I haven't had a chance to write about yet. I was way over the edge... 

You are feeling what so many of us felt after nearly two weeks of deprivation.   No matter how many times we hear that cheating only cheats ourselves we are still hungry.  Its just hard to distract ourselves from thoughts of everyday foods even though we know it is worth it. 

Here is what kept me from totally cracking.  PAIN!  Shrinking the liver has a direct relationship to how much pain you  may experience after surgery or so my daughter's surgeon said.  I did falter, but the thought of all that pain got me back on track.  Carbs are largely responsible for fatty liver.  Therefore, carbs equal pain and complications and burrito equals carbs.   

I discovered at the very end that my meltdowns followed skipping or skimping on the protein.  Protein from whatever source helps keep physical hunger away.  Call and find out if  you can have that  sugar free popsicle or jello.  If you fall off the wagon (and I'm not  saying to cheat) do the least harm possible.  A sugar free popsicle  or jello is a lot kinder to the body than a burrito. 

Last, I had no pain and I mean no pain.  My surgery was this past Monday.  I did not use the vial in my pain pump except for a few hits because I thought the pain would arrive at any minute.  It never did and I went home on Tuesday, the day after my gastric bypass, following an all clear GI series.  I believe I owe this mainly to keeping within the guidelines for curing fatty liver.   

I'm here if you need a little propping up over the next few days.  Hit me with a message or a friend request if you like.  I'll talk you down as many times as it takes.  

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hypertrophic scarring
JazzyOne9254 · 0 replies · 791 views
5 years out!
idgett · 2 replies · 777 views
TVP protein
singdoremi · 0 replies · 880 views
Bariatric Regain :(
Lissa Strombelline · 0 replies · 1118 views