March 1 - Who else?

JoyCook
on 1/27/04 6:37 am - Little Rock, AR
My surgery just got postponed a week from Feb 23 to March 1. I am having a hysterectomy at the same time. Both procedures are open. Won't that make for a fun recovery? NOT! But better than 2 separate surgeries. I'd love to hear from others who are leading this March pack (at least time-wise). It will be great when we are sharing support on the other side of this!
ItsThenewKelley
on 1/27/04 7:46 am - Fall River, MA
Not March 1-But March 12 Can't believe that in just a few days we can all say that we are having surgery next month!!! How is that? I'm am so excited!!! Just 45 more days to go for me, and um...let me count on my fingers...34 days for you! WOOHOO!! Its finally getting closer!!! Anyway, I wish you the best of luck. I hope that you have an uneventful surgery and a safe and speedy recovery!! Take care and keep us all posted!! Kelley and don't forget....MARCH RULES!!!!
Jenny P.
on 1/29/04 8:48 am - Glen Allen, VA
Joy, Congrats on the date! It just so happens to be my 26th birthday. What a year this is for me. Birthday March 1, surgery March 5th. I couldn't ask for anything more. Have a wonderful day! Jenny
Kimmer K.
on 1/29/04 8:10 pm - Waterford, MI
YIKES! Replumbed AND gutted! The hysterectomy ought to take at least a pound or two away right off the bat! Nah, all kidding aside, you've got a wise surgeon. I'm slated for a Lap RNY, but my surgeon has full (signed) permission to open me if he, at any point, WANTS or NEEDS to. So no matter what I think is going to happen going in to this right now, plans always seem to change for me (so goes my life ). Thus I'm prepared to go open, too. I'm leaving it up to him -- he's the butcher, er, plumber, er, expert! We've got quite a neat bunch of pre-ops going here. I swore I wasn't going to get involved in this website (personal reasons), but there's no way I can stay away now (especially after stirring it up - can't do a drive-by instigation, donchaknow! ). I'm glad there's gonna be help on the other side of the monitor after surgery. That's when we're gonna need each other! Kim March Rules!
Janelle
on 2/2/04 2:40 am - Plainfield, WI
Good luck, I too am having my RNY on March 1st. I had a hysterectomy in 1999. The surgery went very smooth for me and my recovery was fast. I have had a few abdominal procedures and have always healed fast and felt good afterwards (well after the sickness of the anestesia wears off) I HATE that part!!! You really are having things done at once. If I had known then what I know now I too would have had one surgery. The hysterectomy alone makes you feel like a million bucks, and then being a real looser you will be on top of the world!!! BEST WISHES FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY.........for both of us! Janelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years ... yesterday
mo21012 · 0 replies · 843 views
Ten Years Today
reenieb · 0 replies · 955 views
10 years
Virginia H · 0 replies · 656 views
10YearsToday!
wlsurvivor · 2 replies · 797 views
9 years plus 1 day
pammy157 · 0 replies · 780 views