Nerves getting the best of me.

joanne from ky
on 1/29/04 2:08 am - Lexington, KY
I'm getting more and more worried not so much about dying on the table, more really scared that I won't be able to follow the strict diet that I will have to be on. I've never in my life been able to stick with a diet. I worry that I won't be able to do the daily regimen of water, protein, supplements, vitamins, etc. Even now, knowing that I should be dieting to shrink up my liver, I am still eating huge quantities of food. I'm not an emotional eater--food just tastes good. lol. I almost panic when I think that I won't be able to have certain foods again. Has anyone else considered counseling for food addiction? Thanks. - Joanne
JoyCook
on 1/29/04 8:54 am - Little Rock, AR
Joanne, We are all just like you. If we could stay on a diet--lose and maintain--we would not be having surgery!! Think about it! Take a deep breath and seek out some profiles of people who have had the surgery. You will see that most report the same problems with food, but this surgery makes it possible. No, it won't be easy, especially at first, but it will tip the scales to the possible side! Hang out on this site. Get to know people on your state board who have already been there. You will do fine. Waiting is really hard, but we have been waiting all our lives, what is a few more weeks! If you need to talk, feel free to email me. We are in this together. Dont be afraid to ask for
ItsThenewKelley
on 1/30/04 12:18 am - Fall River, MA
Hey Joanne You will do just fine! The first few weeks will be tuff I'm sure. But we will all get through it. As far as after the first few weeks, you will be just fine. You will probably not even want to think about other foods. Obviously you won't be able to eat large amounts like you are now, thats the point of this surgery. And just knowing that you may "possibly" dump on something you know you shouldn't eat should encourage you to not eat it. Everytime you step on that scale and see it has gone down again its only gonna motivate you to keep going! Also, Don't panic on thinking you won't be able to have "certain" foods after surgery, because in time you will be able to have those things again, But you'll finally be able to control how much of it you have. Us "marchers" are all here for eachother. If anytime you need Just come here, we will get you through your hard times! You have truly come to the right place for support. So, I wish you the best of luck and hope that you have a SAFE and SPEEDY recovery! Take care and keep us "marchers" posted! Kelley MACRH RULES
jspurling
on 1/31/04 10:25 am - Lincoln, CA
Dear Joanne, I've gone to Overeaters Anonymous, done individual counseling and group therapy...all for food addiction. And I've just gotten heavier. I feel like my life is good except for my food addiction. I feel the only solution for me is WLS. And I'm scared of dying on the table or from a complication. But I know I will die of obesity if I keep going as I am. I've heard it's really normal to overeat before surgery. I'm looking forward to hearing from the Marchers after their surgeries. This web site is great, so much information and support. Good luck to you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years ... yesterday
mo21012 · 0 replies · 843 views
Ten Years Today
reenieb · 0 replies · 953 views
10 years
Virginia H · 0 replies · 656 views
10YearsToday!
wlsurvivor · 2 replies · 796 views
9 years plus 1 day
pammy157 · 0 replies · 780 views