MSNBC Investigates: WLS program

Kimmer K.
on 2/7/04 10:31 pm - Waterford, MI
G'morning, ya'll... Head cold kicked in again full strength this morning, after thinking it was taking the A-Train outta here yesterday. MAKE IT STOP!! Just wanted to alert everyone to a GREAT program I saw at 4 this morning (yes, at 4 a.m. -- I have a sleep disorder and have to keep my sleep schedule on weekends, too...it sux to be me sometimes...). These programs always repeat themselves tho, so you can probably catch it at "normal" times, too... ANYway, it's an "MSNBC INVESTIGATES" show, and the one I saw entitled "Life And Death" was on WLS. It's MOST EXCELLENT! It follows one guy, Bob Steinburg (I think...even wrote down all the names to see if any of 'em are on OH.com here, but they're upstairs right now...) through his WLS and for a while afterward. It also show a support group, some of their members and how WLS affected them, etc. It actually showed part of a Lap RNY (which will be my "poison") being done. It was extremely informative, gave stats on how much obesity costs insurance companies each year, how many have WLS, etc. It was 'no holds barred' with Bob, the main focus. Showed his Lap RNY (done at NYU with a Dr. Ren), showed him immediately post op, first steps out of bed post-op, at home trying to adjust to new eating habits, etc. He had a mildly rough time of it, and they don't 'edit' any of it. Just wanted to give all a heads-up to catch this program if you can. I've seen many WLS programs on TV lately, and this rates among the top 3 that I've seen. Gotta go do a load of wash so I can have clean clothes for work tomorrow. Didn't do squat yesterday except play around here and nap. Gonna do a lot more napping today again, me thinks. Just feel like "poochka"...bleech... Catch y'all later. Kimmer Queen of the Niners, Princess of Puffs Plus
mo21012
on 2/8/04 10:19 am - Anne Arundel County, MD
Hey sweetie, hope you get to feelin' better soon xoxoxox, Mo
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years ... yesterday
mo21012 · 0 replies · 843 views
Ten Years Today
reenieb · 0 replies · 956 views
10 years
Virginia H · 0 replies · 656 views
10YearsToday!