Treadmill advice

Kimmer K.
on 2/8/04 6:20 am - Waterford, MI
Okay, kids, don't laugh at me here...well, don't laugh TOO hard... I need to get a treadmill for home, but I haven't the first clue what to look for/where to go. I don't need any fancy-schmancy top-of-the-line number that I'll have to take a loan to pay for, no bells and whistles I don't think (altho if it came with one of those dudes with a "six-pack" who I could watch while he walked it FOR me, I wouldn't complain too loudly...), I think I just need something that I can jam in a corner of my living room and hop on when I'm watching TV. But then, I have no idea, so I could be wrong there, too. I truly (absolutely no kidding here) admire all of you that go to the gym. I really do. That's just not something I'd do, at least not at this point. I have a gruelling job, and once I hit the back door of my house, I don't leave again 'til the next morning. I don't particular want to be around humanoids after my work day. I'd have all good intentions to go to a gym, but I know me, and I know I'd never make it there. So, yes, I'm a pathetic slug. But I need everyone's advice 'bout what kind to buy, and maybe even where to get one. What bells and whistles would I NEED on it? What have you all found 'good'? I'd like to get it here within the next few weeks so it'll be here for when I get home from being re-plumbed. HELP! Kimmer Queen of the Niners
ItsThenewKelley
on 2/8/04 6:54 am - Fall River, MA
Wal-mart has some good ones. Some under 200 bucks and some over 400... You can look at wal-mart.com and see what they have their to... I'm thinking about getting one too... Kelley
Kimmer K.
on 2/8/04 7:05 am - Waterford, MI
Wal-Mart?!? NO KIDDING! I'll go check 'em out. I KNOW that's the only way I'm gonna get the right amount of walking in until summer hits. Then I'll switch to swimming (I live by a private lake that has a HUGE beach...and believe it or not, I've never swam in this lake or the last one I lived on. But gonna do it this year FER SHERR...) T'anx, buddy! Yer da best! Kimmer Queen of the Niners
ItsThenewKelley
on 2/8/04 7:15 am - Fall River, MA
aww, thank you so much Ya, I know the only way I'll get some walking done is if I get one too..Put it in front of the tv and walk away...I could also use my walk away the pounds vidoes to, but after doing them every single day they can get boring, ya know? Wish I had a lake near by...the only few around here are in different towns and you have to live in that town in order to swim there... It sucks! I haven't been to a beach in years. I'm looking forward to going this summer when I drop some pounds! Kelley
mo21012
on 2/8/04 10:16 am - Anne Arundel County, MD
Hi Kimmer, Hope you had a wonderful day fellow fiend :D:D ... I too am thinking along the lines of a tread mill and mentioned it to Mr Mo today. I live on a busy through road with no sidewalks, and the idea of having to drive some where to walk is not my idea of fun. I have heard that a treadmill is not something to 'skimp' on in the price department. It might not have to have all the bells & whistles as you put it, but it does need to be sturdy. I found that out a few years ago with my stationary bike. Hugs, Mo
JoyCook
on 2/8/04 10:27 am - Little Rock, AR
I recently traded my treadmill for a gazelle. I like it much better because it is lower impact and quieter. I can use it and still hear TV or music. It does not seem like as much work. Mine has adjustable resistance. It is made by Tony Little. There are copies of this that are probably as good. Try one in a store and see what you think! Joy (3/1)
mo21012
on 2/8/04 10:49 am - Anne Arundel County, MD
OOOOOOOOOh, good thought there. I like the 'easy' part!!! I was looking at both a gazelle thingy and a treadmill at Sam's Club. I am not the most coordinated person, so I need something I won't hurt myself with. (read that I am stair climber impaired. . lol). Take care! Mo
Kimmer K.
on 2/9/04 7:17 pm - Waterford, MI
I dunno what a gazelle is, but I'm thinking... Hey, that's second only to a treadmill that comes with a HOTTIE dude walking it FOR me! Hmm... Gonna go look for sumpin' on Thursday. This week has racked up to being very busy: mammogram today (oh, goodie...flat sore boobs!), Depo shot tomorrow (the best thing created since the wheel), anesthesiologist consult on Friday ("...I don't care what you use, just SNOW me!..."), and now something's up with my sister: Mom wants me to come pick her up after the anesthesiologist consult 'cuz she needs to talk to me about something. Hope she's alright (she lives with my sister). Anyway, something after work every day except Thursday, so that's "Equipment Hunting Day". All the stuff I have to do after work probably doesn't sound like a big deal, but I fatigue extremely easily from the fibromyalgia, so I have to really be careful not to 'overdo' anything. You guys have all been such a big help. On top of it, one of the supervisors here (he's a runner...all runners are communists...) told me that Sears has exercise equipment on sale 'til the 17th (he thinks). He said to stay away from the "ellipticals", whatever that is. Dunno what it is, but it even SOUNDS scary! Anyhoo, t'anx! I knew I could depend on your wisdom to help me!! Kimmer Queen of the Niners, Instigator to All Marchers, High Priestess of Giggles Zero-minus-28 and counting!!!
DramaQueenJessica
on 2/9/04 8:46 pm - Wayland, MA
The Gazelle is a thing made by that really obnoxious trainer, Tony Little. It looks fun. You get on this thing and swing your legs while holding onto handles that move too. I love Elliptical machines.. they are the cross trainers that they have at the gym.. my favorite. Why did your friend say to stay away from it? I was gonna get one.
Kimmer K.
on 2/9/04 9:24 pm - Waterford, MI
He was concerned about my FMS, and what that elliptical thing would do to me. He's in excellent shape and said that even when HE does it for a while, he gets a FULL work-out. He was afraid I'd die on it. HAHAHA!! I have to be REALLY careful about 'overdoing' anything with this stinkin' disease. I HAVE to exercise some, but just one step too may, and I put myself into a flare-up. It's MOST aggrevating...and extremely hard to estimate how much I can handle. It's just so fickle. One day I could climb Mt Everest and it wouldn't bother me, other days the trip to the basement to wash clothes can end me up on the couch the next day. It's an alien inside me...I know it is. Kimmer Queen of the Niners, Instigator to All Marchers, High Priestess of Giggles Zero-minus-28 days and counting!
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years ... yesterday
mo21012 · 0 replies · 843 views
Ten Years Today
reenieb · 0 replies · 956 views
10 years
Virginia H · 0 replies · 656 views
10YearsToday!
wlsurvivor · 2 replies · 797 views
9 years plus 1 day
pammy157 · 0 replies · 780 views