Milestones

mo21012
on 2/9/04 7:52 am - Anne Arundel County, MD
HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mo
DramaQueenJessica
on 2/9/04 8:22 am - Wayland, MA
Kimmer, you brought tears to my eyes and gave me goose bumps.. if anyone deserves this.. its you. Ill keep you steadily in my thoughts and hope that this surgery brings you the relief you need. ((((((((Kimmer))))))))
JoyCook
on 2/9/04 8:38 am - Little Rock, AR
Your attitude is such an inspiration and encouragement to the rest of us. I pray that you may have all you ask and more. Joy
Kimmer K.
on 2/10/04 12:50 am - Waterford, MI
Alright, you all... I'm giving everyone 'til tonite when I go to bed (not far from now...) to get this thread going again. I'm so sorry I blurbed out my 'milestone' fibromyalgia vision yesterday. I had a real sore day yesterday, and on top of that, Boss Lady pulled some real stunts on me that I didn't appreciate, which made it worse. So when I came home, I was hurting pretty bad. I came home and hit the board, and felt much better. I guess I don't realize sometimes how achey I am, since I've dealt with it for over 10 years now, and force myself not to recognize it. I don't whine often, and when I re-read what I'd written, I thot "OMG, what did I DO?!?". I'm actually very grateful that this isn't something worse, and am so thrilled that I was approved for WLS based on my BMI and FMS alone (the stroke stuff didn't come up 'til after I was already approved). Please believe me, I'm a grateful person -- gratitude is an attitude, and I'm guilty. I CERTAINLY didn't mean to whine, and for that I'm truly sorry. You were all posting such wonderful thoughts, and I was envisioning them all with you. I was just sitting back thinking about how far they've come for 'us', that we actually have a tool available to reclaim our lives. I thought about my 'angel', Kathy Cade, and how she's been ambushed and how sad I am for her that WLS is no longer in her near future. Then I posted mine, and it all came to a screeching halt. STOP IT! PLEASE keep on telling us what you're looking forward to. It's obvious that we've had years to dream about these things, and now our dreams are within arms' reach. Let everyone ELSE hear your dreams! Heck, you might be saying something that someone ELSE will say "Wow...I never thought about THAT...yes!!" and give them the lift they need at a time they may need it - but you may not know that. You may be withholding a good thought from someone who needs it! I appreciate each of you for who you are, and what you're going thru. We all need each other...and when icky issues come up (they will) is when we need to step closer and close the circle tighter. We have to keep walking, one step at a time, one foot in front of the other, through this experience. We'll do it a LOT easier if we do it together... So...these are your MARCHER orders. GET GOING on this thread again. Don't MAKE me start a new one. I'll hunt you all down like rabid dogs... Kimmer A Truly Grateful Girl Zero-minus-28 and counting!
JoyCook
on 2/10/04 2:54 am - Little Rock, AR
Silly girl, Kimmer! Another for me.... I want to go shopping for me and actually enjoy it!!! Joy (3/1)
Kimmer K.
on 2/10/04 6:29 am - Waterford, MI
Yeah...I LOVE garage sale-ing. I live in an area where they toss off stuff that still has tags on it (I'm guilty of that myself, actually) for a WHISPER! And if it's been worn, like, twice, it's in the "for free" box! I'm gonna have a BALL garage saleing this year: gonna buy all KINDS of sizes and say "I'll be in this soon enough...yup, I'll take it!" and have to drive the Camaro home with the top down 'cuz I've run outta room with it up! THAT's gonna be FUN FUN FUNNNNN!! Kimmer Queen of the Niners, Instigator to All Marchers, High Priestess of Giggles Zero-minus-28 and counting!
Whitney H.
on 2/10/04 3:48 pm - Harrah, OK
OK! I've really been thinking of these lately -- I want to be able to play with my kids not jus****ch on the sidelines. I want to be able to clean my entire house without having to stop to rest. I want to like what I am wearing and not look with envy at what everyone else is wearing. I want to feel sexy I want to shop in Victoria's Secret (and not just for lotion) (This is on my hubby's wish list too ) --wait that didn't come out right-- I want to wake up in the morning feeling energized and ready to go! I want to quit spending a small fortune on medicine I want to shop for me instead of looking and saying, that would look nice on so and so. I want to Love Myself!!!!!!!!!! I want to go dancin for the first time in my married life Whitney
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years ... yesterday
mo21012 · 0 replies · 846 views
Ten Years Today
reenieb · 0 replies · 962 views
10 years
Virginia H · 0 replies · 658 views
10YearsToday!
wlsurvivor · 2 replies · 803 views
9 years plus 1 day
pammy157 · 0 replies · 783 views