Milestones

JoyCook
on 2/8/04 11:30 am - Little Rock, AR
Let's fast-forward in our minds a few weeks... What are some of the mini milestones that you hope to experience with your weight loss? Here is a first pass for me: Be able to get out of the drivers side of the car without moving the seat back (short and fat is not a happy combo!) Be able to climb the stairs to my office on the 4th floor without stopping to rest. Be able to look at my profile in the mirror without getting the Macauley Caulkin expression Be able to get up off the floor without climbing up some furniture. Be able to wear my favorite necklaces which have all gotten too short ... OK--your turn... Joy "Canary" (3/1)
ItsThenewKelley
on 2/8/04 12:23 pm - Fall River, MA
I want to be able .... to go off my anti-depressants for good! to run or jump without having to do so on my "tippie" toes cause my feet hurt so badly to run and play with my kids without "wetting" myself to tie my shoes on the top instead of towards the side to get up off the floor without having to roll over onto my knees to sit in a low beach chair and get out of it (hehe Michele) to go into ANY store I want and shop to FINALLY love myself Theres so much I want to be able to do...I can't wait. I'm so very excited to have the chance to finally live my live as a 24 year should... Kelley
SpecialTeacher
on 2/8/04 7:42 pm - Central, AR
Okay, here are some of mine... To be able to sleep in my bed again instead of the recliner (I can't breathe when laying down) To be able to put my own socks and shoes on (DH has to help me) To be able to sit in the floor and play Barbies with my daughters To get in and out of my car without people staring at me To buy my clothing at a store instead of a catalog To get rid of the enormous swelling in my lower extremities To wear capri pants and shorts To go to the movies without fear of not fitting in the seat To go to class and actually sit at a desk instead of special table and chair at the front of the room There are lots more, but I'm sure you're tired of reading by now.... Tammy (3/2)
mo21012
on 2/9/04 1:47 am - Anne Arundel County, MD
Wow, some of mine have already been taken .. I guess we all have many of the same thoughts, but how about .. Being able to even buy shoes that tie? I don't buy anything that ties now because I can barely reach my feet, much less tie them. When I do wear something that ties, I have to be able to put my foot up on a step and then struggle to reach the laces. Being able to ride my bicycle. I have a great bike that I bought almost 8 years ago that I can't ride without feeling like the back tire is flat. Being able to recognize the person who looks back at me from the mirror. About 14 years ago, I was able to lose enough weight that I was 'sure' I would never gain it back (oh yeah .. well .. I thought so anyway). It took me a long time to get used that person's face, but that is the face and person I see in my mind, so that when I look in the mirror now, I am always confused. Being able to sit in a seat on an airplane and NOT have to ask for an extension. Or, for that matter, feel free to ask for a window seat because I can climb over someone if I needed to to get to my seat. The last time I flew I was scared reading about the airlines that were enforcing extra charges for large passengers who took up more than their alloted room. Being able to comfortable sitting in the stands at a sporting event. Being able to walk from our campsite to the track without the pain in my hip and having to stop to breath every 25 feet when we go to Charlotte. Being able to do the Kyle Petty Victory Junction walk at what ever track we are at when they have it. Being able to sew for myself because I love to sew, not because I have to. I am 54 years old and I feel like I have lost out on so much of my life and I just want to get to the other side and start living the next 54 years. Hugs, Mo
SpecialTeacher
on 2/9/04 2:31 am - Central, AR
You'll get there, Mo!! Hugs!! Tammy
Kimmer K.
on 2/9/04 7:57 am - Waterford, MI
Yo, Mo! (I STILL slay myself...) Keep meaning to tell ya: I was gonna race the quarter mile. My ex- built a car for me. Everyone said I was a "natural", quick on the light, should have been born a male. I've met Shirley Muldowney a few times - she's my heroine! As a spectator, my heart lies in the rails, straight drags. Just GOTTA smell that nitro in the air and feel it in your chest. Aaaahhh...dem wuz da dayz! Every time I see your NASCAR stuff, I think to myself "Self, tell Mo 'bout your 'Bird..." We'll discuss this some day. Jerk sold 'my' car, made him go shortly thereafter. Hehehe... Kimmer Queen of the Niners, Instigator to All Marchers, High Priestess of Giggles Zero-minus-29 days and counting!
JoyCook
on 2/9/04 3:38 am - Little Rock, AR
These are great! Joy
DramaQueenJessica
on 2/9/04 6:05 am - Wayland, MA
To be able to run with my boys. To be able to bend over to tie my shoes with JEANS on. To be able to shop in normal stores again. Have people look me in the eyes instead of beyond me like Im not there. -Jessica
mo21012
on 2/9/04 7:19 am - Anne Arundel County, MD
To be able to fasten the seatbelt in my husband's convertible without feeling like I am being strangled and have room to wiggle in the seat. :D:D Mo
Kimmer K.
on 2/9/04 7:40 am - Waterford, MI
Wow. I read all of your dreams, and I'm tearing up, knowing how rough it is for you all. You ARE going to realize your dreams. And I hope we'll all still be "The Marchers" and be hanging out together and will share the victories together and rejoice for each other. I really only have two milestones that I am desperate to reach. 1) I want my fibromyalgia pain to go away. That's the sole reason I'm having this done. I want to be able to stand up without feeling like my joints are ripping apart. I want to walk without feeling every step jar my entire musculoskeletal system. I want to put a glass up to my mouth without feeling like there's no 'oil' in my elbow. I want to turn my head without feeling like I have a knife in the base of my skull. I want to be able to sleep through the night without waking up 'cuz my arm moved and wrenched me awake from the pain. I want to feel no pain or ache for at least a FEW hours a day. I don't want to feel like a 95 year old arthritic woman in a 47 year old body anymore. I don't want to eat handfulls of analgesics to keep the pain to a low roar. I don't want my co-workers to look at me and see if my color is ashen (that's how they determine if I'm having an exceptionally painful day - I thought I hid it for so long 'til a dear co-worker told me "quit trying to hide the pain -- we all know" and told me how). I just want my body to quit hurting. I'll even settle for "quit hurting a little". 2) The second milestone will be when I can scream "IT WORKED! I KNEW IT WAS GONNA WORK! THANK YOU JESUS!!! I GIVE YOU THE GLORY ON THIS 'WIN'!!!" And if not, then I'll deal with it, and will be able to say "I tried everything. It's just not meant to be." and wait and pray that someone can find a cure for this disease. We've all got so much to benefit from this WLS. Our lives are going to change so much. So, let's get ON with it...LET'S DANCE, "Marchers"!!! Kimmer Queen of the Niners, Instigator to All Marchers, High Priestess of Giggles Zero-minus-29 days and counting!
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years ... yesterday
mo21012 · 0 replies · 843 views
Ten Years Today
reenieb · 0 replies · 956 views
10 years
Virginia H · 0 replies · 656 views
10YearsToday!
wlsurvivor · 2 replies · 797 views
9 years plus 1 day
pammy157 · 0 replies · 780 views