Hospital stuff.

DramaQueenJessica
on 2/9/04 8:17 pm - Wayland, MA
It seems like a pretty decent hospital, is it? Last night, while watching video's I got really scared, the video was about a man who was in an accident on a bridge and he was trying to stop his girl from going somewhere, she got killed by a truck hitting her car... then they were together again. Made me cry. Why does it happen like that.. Ill be excited all day, then I think Im not gonna make it out??!!!
Kimmer K.
on 2/9/04 8:34 pm - Waterford, MI
That's normal anxiety, Jessica. Don't fret yourself about it - just let it out, then get back to concentrating on the GOOD things that are going to happen. If I didn't know myself as well as I do, I'd be worried that I'm NOT flipping out about the surgery. I'm just as calm as if I'm going to go outside and sit on my deck. I'm just not stressed...yet, anyway. I don't scare easily, so I doubt I'll be scared ever about it. I've experienced 'scary', and WLS isn't it for me... Anyway, don't be upset that you're upset. When that happens, logon 'n c'mon back to yer Marcher buddies 'n we'll talk ya right down again! Kimmer Queen of the Niners, Instigator to All Marchers, High Priestess of Giggles Zero-minus-28 days and counting!
DramaQueenJessica
on 2/9/04 8:41 pm - Wayland, MA
Thanks, hon. That helps tons. I get nervous at night mostly when Im with my man, were talking about the kids and Im laughing about the silly things they did that day. They are 3 and five... then I think about what if they didnt have me.. what if I never get to see what they are doing for the rest of their lives. Then I go to sleep so I dont think about it..lol. Today, Ill go shopping and look at all the cute clothes Ill be able to wear, and think about walking around with out being out of breath, or my feet hurting. And it will be all good.
ItsThenewKelley
on 2/9/04 10:55 pm - Fall River, MA
My daughter was in Morton Last year for a week (real sick) and they were excellent! You can check out that hospital on here and check out the reviews from patients that had surgery there... Hey, about 2 weeks ago I was listening to the radio and that song "here without you" By 3 doors down came on, and I just imagined my husband singing that song cause I had died... I cried so bad...I'm just like you, I'll be so excited one minute, then BOOM the fear takes over me for a little while. Ugh, I hate! I've been trying so hard to think and stay postive! WE WILL MAKE IT! AND WE WILL DO GREAT!!! Just keep repeating that, like I do. Kelley 31 days to go! Yeah baby! MARCH RULES
DramaQueenJessica
on 2/9/04 11:32 pm - Wayland, MA
I checked the reviews.. thats why I chose Dr. Bodner and Morton. They said the staff was iffy but Dr. Bodner is wonderful. I keep telling myself, Im only 27, in good shape besides that Im fat. I have no problems with anesthesia... what else could go wrong? We will make it, we will do great. We will make it, we will do great. Its working.. we will make it.. ..
ItsThenewKelley
on 2/10/04 12:22 am - Fall River, MA
My Cousin-In-Law Dan, hehe, sliced his finger open wicked bad (needed repairs and stitches) and Dr. Bodner is the one who fixed him up. Dan said he's and excellent guy! I know you'll do great with him as your surgeon! BTW, I tell myself the same exact thing, cept I'm 24 and fat No health problems... YET. I was approved for this surgery as a "preventive method" to future co-morbids. I have 3 kids and a hubby that I WILL BE COMING HOME TO and WE WILL ENJOY LIFE SO MUCH MORE!!!!!! HOORAY TO THAT! Kelley ( WE WILL DO JUST FINE) 30 days and a wake up!
holley W.
on 2/9/04 10:44 am - marion, ar
OMG THAT IS SOOOOOOO NOT SILLY. I HAVE BEEN TANNING FOR THE PAST 3 WEEKS SO I WONT FEEL ALL WHITE AND PASTY IN THE HOSPITAL. I HAVE ALSO BEEN GETTING A PEDICURE THOSE 3 WEEKS, AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO UNTIL MY SURGERY. I THINK IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO FEEL LIKE YOU LOOK GOOD(AS GOOD AS CAN BE EXPECTED ANYWAY) TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER!!! TAKE CARE!! HOLLEY 3/1
veenix
on 2/9/04 10:23 pm - North Atlanta, GA
Well now I don't feel so bad! My husband thought I was crazy going to buy new P.J.s and new undies, bra, socks and sweat suit, etc. My bag is already packed. I already have an appointment to get my hair braided. My hair is the last thing I want to worry about during the first couple of weeks after surgery. Now all I have to do is add a visit to the local nail salon for pampering. March 10th is speeding towards me............ Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only diva in the bunch! - Vanessa
DramaQueenJessica
on 2/9/04 10:36 pm - Wayland, MA
I wish I could get my hair braided. Im afraid tho, after a few days in the hospital it would be a funky smelly mess. Although.. I could get two cornrows into pigtails that might not be too bad and if it got nasty, it would be easy to get out. Its so fun to be a Diva, isnt it???
Kimmer K.
on 2/9/04 10:41 pm - Waterford, MI
How are you guys gonna have your hair 'contained'? I've been paining over this...I have waist-length hair and don't want to have to shave it all off post-op from all the tangles. I was advised NOT to do one braid down the back of my head 'cuz of how they position/reposition you during surgery. I thought 'bout two braids, but can't yodel and definitely won't pass as Heidi (not that I think I'll CARE at that time...). Someone suggested doing a "Princess Leia" thing. I told her that'd make sense since I once dated a guy who looked like Chewbacca... Help! Kimmer Queen of the Niners, Instigator to all Marchers, High Priestess of Giggles Zero-minus-28 and counting!
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years ... yesterday
mo21012 · 0 replies · 846 views
Ten Years Today
reenieb · 0 replies · 962 views
10 years
Virginia H · 0 replies · 658 views
10YearsToday!
wlsurvivor · 2 replies · 803 views
9 years plus 1 day
pammy157 · 0 replies · 783 views