Hospital stuff.

DramaQueenJessica
on 2/9/04 5:44 am - Wayland, MA
What are yall bringing with you to the hospital? The only time Ive ever been is when I had my two children. Both C-Sections and I felt like crap after. Having my girly stuff with me would have done WONDERS, I think. So... Im gonna buy myself new jammies and sweatpants. The last thing Ill ever buy in an XXL. Im also going to go to Bath and Body Works and get some yummy lotions. Also, Im going to treat myself to a pedicure the night before surgery to help me relax. To me, feeling pretty will help me heal better, at least emotionally. Surgery is really draining in my experience. Do you think this is really silly and vain? Seriously, what a thing to worry about huh? -Jessica
Kimmer K.
on 2/9/04 6:06 am - Waterford, MI
Nope, not at ALL silly and vain. WE have to make ourselves feel good however we can. I've always indulged in 'the finer stuff' - it just makes me feel like I'm worth it! Enjoy the pedicure -- but you may want to hold off the nail polish (on your fingers, too). Most hospitals will make you remove it: they often tell how you're absorbing oxygen by looking at your fingernails (besides using the "E.T. Finger" - the oxygenation detector). I'm beginning to get excited -- just got off the phone with the surgical nurse who took my 'history' - she also set up my anesthesiologist appointment for (get this) Friday, the 13th. But I mean, I really FEEL like I'm on the downhill slide now. Wonder if he'll let me take home samples to try - ? Kimmer Queen of the Niners, Instigator to All Marchers, High Priestess of Giggles Zero-minus-29 days and counting!
DramaQueenJessica
on 2/9/04 6:14 am - Wayland, MA
was beginning to think Im all about looks.. rofl. I got the surgery clinic's booklet at my last Dr's appt. One finger or toe polish free is fine. Ill pick my fingers since my nails are chewed up. Wow. I cant believe how soon this is all happening for the people on this board. Next MONTH. Good luck with your anesthesia appt. Doesnt it feel too good to be true? -Jessica
mo21012
on 2/9/04 7:28 am - Anne Arundel County, MD
Definitely go for the pedicure !! I had mine done this past Saturday afternoon because I figure in 6 wks I will be ready for another one to have pretty toes for the hospital. I have no plans to give up my pedicure habit, but it will be nice to be able to paint my own toes if I get in a bind and need a touch up. I am hoping I can take my laptop with me, so that I can be on line ... yeah ... I can easily think about giving up my favorite foods, but don't take away my 'net. When I had my hysterectomy, I actually felt human enough that same night to go on line and send my own 'hey y'all I made it' email, and pop into chat for a few minutes. My friends all thought I was NUTS !!!!!! Oh, another thing, a phone card!!!! It would be great if I can use my cell phone, but I think that is a no no, so 1200 minutes or so from Sam's club is on my list. Laters, Mo
DramaQueenJessica
on 2/9/04 8:06 am - Wayland, MA
Yay.. another one who loves to have pretty feet. A must for all those cute shoes we'll be able to finally walk in.. hehe Im gonna have to add phone card to my list. Ill be bored in the hospital with nothing to do but hit the morphine drip button and catch up on my soaps lol OH and from my aol board... lip gloss or balm..
Carrie H.
on 2/9/04 7:36 am - Hesston, KS
Sounds like an AWESOME plan to me Jessica! My plan for the day before surgery is to go have someone wash my hair. Sounds I know but I LOVE that part of going to the beauty salon. I have a wonderful lady who does my hair who is an absolute when it comes to doing scalp massages! A nice hot bubble is also in the works (without my children banging on the door hollering MOMMY!). As for the Bath and Body Works lotions. That sounds like a great idea also. I might have to join you in that little trip (at my local B&BW). Here's to counting down the days to our rebirthdays!!! Carrie Carrie Quite Contrary
DramaQueenJessica
on 2/9/04 8:12 am - Wayland, MA
MmMmM Bubble bath.. I havent had one of those in YEARS. In my apt we have one of those claw and ball footed tubs.. but its old, so its narrow. I cant sit in it without my sides touching the walls of the tub. (adding that to my "will be able to's") What stink are you gonna get at B&BW?? Im in LOVE with Warm Vanilla Sugar. What is your date, Carrie?
Carrie H.
on 2/9/04 8:35 am - Hesston, KS
I'm actually not having my buble in my own bathtub. I have the same problem, sides touch the wall of the tub. My best friend though has this awesomely huge bathtub with the hot jets and I'm going to take my bubble bath there while she plays with my kids to keep them occupied. WOOHOO! I have never been to B&BW so I don't know. I have walked by that place a thousand times in the mall but have never even been in there. SO, this is a real treat for me I will have to check out the Warm Vanilla Sugar. That sounds yummy! My surgery date is March 11! And, as others have said already, Marchers rule!!! Carrie Carrie Quite Contrary
DramaQueenJessica
on 2/9/04 8:43 am - Wayland, MA
The only way to describe Warm Vanilla Sugar is that its a warm (duh) smell.. its kind of comforting, like hot chocolate on a freezing cold day.. If youre into smelly stuff, bring tons of money to B&BW you will spend it..lol. Marchers do rule.. Im gonna lurk on other month boards to compare..
mo21012
on 2/9/04 8:49 am - Anne Arundel County, MD
mmmmmmmmm. I love vanilla stuff .. I am gonna have to go check out B&BW and see what I can find. Lately I have gotten into the 'girly' stuff of using lotions on my dry itchy skin. I think I deserve something nicer than using Vaseline Intensive Care .. Now I am off to find out if there is a B&BW in the Annapolis Mall. Hugs, Mo
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years ... yesterday
mo21012 · 0 replies · 843 views
Ten Years Today
reenieb · 0 replies · 956 views
10 years
Virginia H · 0 replies · 656 views
10YearsToday!
wlsurvivor · 2 replies · 797 views
9 years plus 1 day
pammy157 · 0 replies · 780 views