New here - I've been reading...

Kathy S.
on 2/10/04 2:45 am
...this message board for about a week now (since I received my surgery date of March 2nd!) I have to say this forum has been SO helpful and positive and I'm so thankful I found it. I look forward to digging in deeper here and to sharing my progress with such a knowledgeable and friendly bunch! Thank you! -Katarina P.S. My process, from initial sign-up for consideration to surgery date will end up being less than five months total! I know how difficult it is for some and I feel very grateful that my process was so seamless. I really believe in serendipity - right time, right place, and all that jazz. I moved to MA six months ago to be with my boyfriend, and after researching this surgery since 2000 I was in the right job with the right insurance and in the right area to get some of the best care in the country! I guess it was just time! Next post I promise not to use so many exclamation points!!
JoyCook
on 2/10/04 2:49 am - Little Rock, AR
So... what is wrong with exclamation points? !!!!!!! Welcome to our group. Another first weeker! I think half of our group is from Mass. too. Don't just lurk, we need you posting too. It will help so much if we know each other before surgery. It may take a few weeks to get all our cheerfuls back afterwards!!!!! Joy (3/1)
Kimmer K.
on 2/10/04 2:54 am - Waterford, MI
Not me...I'm gonna cheerfully be screaming "WHAT HAVE I DONE TO MYSELF? WHERE WAS MY HEAD?? I WANT MORE DRUGS!!!". I promise to bellow it out in a chirpy way! Hey, Katarina...listen to Joy (otherwise known as Joyful or Joyous Canary). She knows whut she'z talkin' 'bout... And...as for !, well....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (we do what we FEEL like doing on the March board...we are, afterall, MARCHERS!!!!!) Welcome to the family! Kimmer Queen of the Niners, Instigator to All Marchers, High Priestess of Giggles Zero-minus-28 and counting!
Whitney H.
on 2/10/04 4:25 am - Harrah, OK
I found the board yesterday and it has given me a laugh or too!!! As for !!!! I like them a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I'm lucky -- my process started on my birthday January 12 (this year) and I had a date last Friday -- so start to finish (serious thinking going on) 2 months and 11 days. Wow!! I really had to think on that one. Used both hands and everything - almost took off my shoes too!! Glad to be part of such a lively group!!
mo21012
on 2/10/04 7:25 am - Anne Arundel County, MD
Hiya Katarina!!! I am glad to see I was not the ONLY lurker. I read for a couple of days before I decided to post .. and trust me .. things will never be the same again!!! There is always something posted to think about or add to .. even if it is just a smart alecky comment .. Welcome to the gang. Hugs, Mo
ItsThenewKelley
on 2/10/04 11:18 am - Fall River, MA
Hey Katarina, Welcome to the "Marchers" Looks like we got ourselves another "poster" from Massachusetts! WOOHOO! Why didn't I go with NEMC Shucks, If I had known the process was so quick there I would have gone!!!!!! Instead I went with Dr. Hess From Quincy Medical Center who performs his surgeries at Boston Medical Center and have been waiting a looooong time. I had my first consult in April 2003 Oh well, the time is almost here! Anyway, I wish you the very best of luck! Kelley 30 days and a wake up! MARCH RULES
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years ... yesterday
mo21012 · 0 replies · 843 views
Ten Years Today
reenieb · 0 replies · 956 views
10 years
Virginia H · 0 replies · 656 views
10YearsToday!
wlsurvivor · 2 replies · 797 views
9 years plus 1 day
pammy157 · 0 replies · 780 views