WOW! That was fun!

JoyCook
on 2/10/04 2:46 am - Little Rock, AR
I went to Kohls at lunch to look for a robe (found one for $7!!) But the fun part.... They have all their winter stuff on sale. I walked around trying to guess what size I would be by Christmas. It made all this waiting SO worthwhile!! (I sure didn't buy anything) Some of us will have lost over 100 lbs and be working on our second hundred by then!!!! All of will have seen sizes come an go. Only 9 months til Christmas.... Isn't that exciting?? Joy (3/1)
Kimmer K.
on 2/10/04 3:08 am - Waterford, MI
YES it is! Especially the part 'bout the $7 robe! (My precious Mommy bought me a robe and slippers for the Hoppsittle...blew a cool C-note on it. I'm just so picky, and she knows it! I love that woman! ) I had a similar experience a while back, JUST after Christmas. I have an entire bedroom that's just my 'dressing/clothes room'. I was going thru all my sweatshirts and turtlenecks, looking for something to wear. I have all my Christmas sweaters and shirts in a HUGE storage container (I could fit 2 teenage bodies in that thing). Anyway, here it was, after Christmas, and I'd felt so crummy this winter that I really didn't wear a lot of my happy Christmas sweaters prior to Christmas. I didn't wear my angel halo or wings, my "kissel-toe", no bells on my shoes, not even a single Christmas pin - I was just in a "yeah, whatever..." mood this year (God is NOT pleased that I wasn't thrilled for His Son's birthday this year...oops...but, He loves me anyway!). Anyway, I looked at the box and realized that I have some serious dinero tied up in those sweaters and other stuff, and they'll be too big for me NEXT Christmas. I was a bit sad, but opened up that bad boy, and have been wearing my Christmas Sweaters (and 'winter' scene stuff) ever since. My coworkers KNOW I'm not right, so no one has said a word. Nah, actually, they know why I'm wearing 'em, and totally understand. Today I have on a red fleece overshirt thingy with three embroidered reindeer wearing scarves and sweaters galloping across the front, and one lone reindeer on my back. Got a snowman turtleneck underneath. Gonna wear my favorite Snowman sweater tomorrow (snowmen and faeries are my FAVORITE 'characters'...as my house reflects...they're EVERYWHERE!). I think I'm very 'tied' to my good clothes 'cuz when your overweight, it's difficult to find stuff you like that is also 'stylish'. I'm gonna have a hard time letting go of some of my stuff. But then I remember that I'll have a WHOLE NEW SPECTRUM to chose from, and my melancholy passes a bit. What WILL we be wearing for Christmas this year? Wow! Kimmer Queen of the Niners, Instigator to All Marchers, High Priestess of Giggles Zero-minus-28 and counting!
JoyCook
on 2/10/04 4:33 am - Little Rock, AR
Somehow I can just picture you wearing reindeer in Feb! Joy
Kimmer K.
on 2/10/04 5:48 am - Waterford, MI
Well, since it's been SNOWING here again all day, it's actually contemporaneous to the weather. Big, fat, fluffy flakes. (PLEASE! Can't someone make it STOP?!?!) It must've been warmer earlier, THEN snowed, 'cuz driving home I noticed that the snow was really stuck to all the trees and bushes, and the cattails looked like tampons on a stick. CLEAN tampons on a stick... Yup, I'm a menace to society. I wore my gorgeous Christmas Tree Ornament sweater last week...6 beaded ornaments on a black background. It made me feel happy! It's snowmen tomorrow. I'm wearing 'em 'til I have my surgery...or 'til it turns to 80 degrees out, whichever comes first! Kimmer Queen of the Niners, Instigator to All Marchers, High Priestess of Giggles Zero-minus-28 and counting!
YaShoney C.
on 2/10/04 4:03 am - Detroit, MI
Yeah I bet that was a lot of fun. I bought my last fat pair of pants from Marshall Fields last week that cost $80 and that was not fun at all. Like I said that is the last fat anything that I purchased. My WLS date is 3/15/04 and I can't wait
Whitney H.
on 2/10/04 4:19 am - Harrah, OK
Oh Gosh!1 Only 9 months -- I had better get some shopping done Seriously, I was just in my closet thinking about all the crummy clothes I have (I haven't felt like spending much money on myself the last year or so) and how I can get rid of them soon!!!! I have been wearing a lot of oversized t-shirts, sweatpants, and such lately -- can't wait to trade them in for fitted shirts and slacks!!! Hubby did buy me some really nice stuff last year, I'll be sorry that I can't wear them anymore, but he will be so excited to buy me skinny clothes that I think between him and my mom I'll have a closet full of really cute stuff in no time.
ItsThenewKelley
on 2/10/04 5:22 am - Fall River, MA
OH BOY!!!! I'm so excited! This year I'll actually be able to ask my mom for clothes this year. I finally (hopefully) won't be embarrassed about my size. I can't wait!! I won a Mrs. Brady Tank top from a radio station here on Superbowl Sunday and its a fitted large, I'm hoping to be able to wear it in the summer. I have something to look forward to. I think I may go out and buy me a size 14 jeans, you know for motivation...(I would love to be a size 10, but would be happy if I stayed in a 14) I think I'll donate all my clothes that I have now to the Clothing exchange. I got some really cute "stylish" clothes. I'm into flares, bellbottom and bootcut jeans. Can't wait to buy "smaller" sizes and also can't wait to buy shirts that come to my waist and not past. No more long T's for me!! Good-bye size 22's Hello size 10's!!!! Kelley 30 days and a WAKE up!
mo21012
on 2/10/04 7:45 am - Anne Arundel County, MD
One of my projects for this long weekend coming up is to go through my clothes and decide what I want and what I don't want and actually get rid of stuff. I have clothes from 12 to 26 and I hate to get rid of things JUST in case, but I am going to be selective and start getting rid of the things that I have hung on to that I really don't think I will wear, even when they 'might' fit again. I figure I can wear my XXL sweatshirts and t-shirts forever, they will just look a little strange. I have a small fortune tied up in my NASCAR stuff. I almost bought myself another (as if I need 'another') Dale Earnhardt Jr jacket last Saturday when I was at the outlet. It would have been $60 and I was going to be adventurous and buy a LARGE and put it away for when the XXL ones that I have just really look ridiculous. I stifled the urge on Saturday thinking that I have to pass right by the outlet tomorrow on my way back from Salisbury, and I can always stop and see if they still have any left. :D:D I have a brand new leather & wool Bud Racing jacket from Wilson leather that I have only worn 2 times. XXL or not, I WILL be wearing that one!!! I may have to wear 3 sweaters under it but I will wear it . lol. My goal is to lose just about half my person. The first time I saw Dr Mike, I was 278. I am thinking 139 would not be a bad place to be, so there is my goal. Hugs, Mo
Kimmer K.
on 2/11/04 8:37 pm - Waterford, MI
One of myy long-weekend projects was to sort thru my piles of clothes, too. That's not happening... My Mother's Other Daughter (aka my sister ) called at 9:35 last nite (she knows I'm asleep by 8...). She's going to California this morning to say her goodbyes to her USMC Master Sergeant DH who's leaving for Iraq next week. My precious Mom lives with her, and DS (read that, DUMB@$$ Sister) would be leaving Mom alone with only 18 and 16 yr old girls at home. Mom is very ill, fell again last week (does this just before she has TIAs), and I was chagrined about Mom staying alone, but can't tell DS ANYthing - no one can . I didn't want to push Mom to come with me for the weekend 'cuz I don't want to make her feel "incompetent", so I never said anything to her, either, just planned to call her FREQUENTLY and keep tabs on her via phone. Then Monday Mom called and said she needed to talk to me about something (she's pretty restrained with DS lurking around), and asked if I could come by and take her "...to pick up my prescriptions..." Friday after work. Well, Friday I have my anesthesiologist consult on the other side of the world from work AND from Mom's, but of course, I said "SURE! COOL!!!". Well, at 9:35 last nite DS called and asked if I'd take Mom for the weekend 'cuz DS is "worried" about leaving her alone (funny it JUST hit her last nite...). DUH. I said "of COURSE, I'd thought of it, blah blah blah...". So DS told Mom, who was ALSO sleeping at 9:35, and I heard Mom go from groggy to DEElighted in her voice in a second flat. I'm just SICK that I have to have my Mom live there, but since I work, it's a better way for her to go since DS has (had?) kids running in and out all the time and it was a much better place for Mom than to be home alone all day with my dogs... ANYway, how quickly plans change, eh? I'm NOT complaining at all...I love my Mom with everything I am, and can't spend enough time with her. But I had major stuff to do this weekend to prepare for surgery...some shopping left, look for a treadmill - stuff like that. Mom loves to go shopping with me (DS can't be bothered doing it with Mom 'cuz it takes so long...Mom drags a leg and walks incredibly slowly...it's very taxing, not to mention SCARY with the possibility of a stroke always looming...), so I figure we'll go one place each day, and that way she'll feel like she's been on vacation, and I'll at least see what's out there. My life is just NEVER easy, ya know? BUT...I'm gonna brew up that stuffed cabbage for Mom and I - she'll love that. Unfortunately, the clothes sorting will have to wait. Guess that'll be a good project for post-op if the weather is still icky. (sigh) Kimmer Queen of the Niners, Instigator to All Marchers, High Priestess of Giggles Zero-minus-26 and counting!
Whitney H.
on 2/12/04 2:40 am - Harrah, OK
Hang in there Kimmer!! It sounds like you have it really rough with your family. At least you'll get to spend some time alone with Mom away from your sis. I don't have that problem so much on my side, but my hubbie's side is another story. So I can sorta feel what you are going thru. We are the only ones who ever help his parents out - and his la (lazy a**) brother lives right next door (we live about 8 miles away). Dad has a bad back and can't do the things he used too and if we don't get there in a hurry he will try - Mom's always worried he'll do too much so shes always calling us to come and help knowing that she can't call her LA son next door - She has the beginnings of alzheimers (we are almost sure - her mom has it too) and we have to check in on things nearly daily. So I really feel for you having a Mom that has to be taken care of. Love Ya and have a good time with your Mom Whitney
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years ... yesterday
mo21012 · 0 replies · 843 views
Ten Years Today
reenieb · 0 replies · 956 views
10 years
Virginia H · 0 replies · 656 views
10YearsToday!
wlsurvivor · 2 replies · 797 views
9 years plus 1 day
pammy157 · 0 replies · 780 views