Happy March!

reenieb
on 2/29/12 9:36 pm
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Dear Marchers, how is everyone? Happy March! I haven't been "home" in a very long time; it feels much like a long anticipated family reunion; I hope everyone is doing well and I look forward to hearing your stories and catching up.  While my anniversary is March 8, I thought I would share a little about where I'm at and again, I so look forward to hearing from you. Like Pam, I struggle with weight regain. I swear, all I have to do is think about food and I've gained. I have done some research and like everything, there is a reason for this - cause and effect - and it has to do with how the old gut has evolved since surgery. Let me know if you're interested in learning more and we can chat through email. My labs continue to come back insufficient in calcium and Vitamin D, even though I have supplemented religiously since surgery. I now have pre-osteoperosis and my body continues to leach calcium from my bones. Otherwise, my weight is stable at between 170-175 - it feels way too heavy for me and I try mightily to lose a little weight but I just can't seem to be able to shed it, no matter what I do. So, I continue living my life - still riding, which is my greatest pleasure. It keeps me fit, physically and mentally. My daughter is off living her life in Montreal; my son is 18, graduated high school but does not want to go to college or join the military. He still struggles trying to figure it all out. I lost my Dad on January 10th and I miss him terribly - was fortunate to get there in time and spend the last two days with him, and was able to hold him as he passed from this world. All we can do is strive to live life to the fullest because the one thing we know for sure is that it will be yanked from each and every one of us eventually. Live, Laugh, Love. No matter what the scale says, no matter the gray hair, no matter the new wrinkles - Live, Laugh, Love. God bless you all, your Reenie
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
wlsurvivor
on 3/1/12 9:39 pm - Marshall, VA
You Go, Girlfriend!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pammy157
on 3/2/12 11:19 am - colchester, CT
RNY on 03/30/04 with
i lost my mom the week of christmas 2 days after my birthday...
Dinka Doo
on 3/3/12 1:22 am - Medford, OR
Okay girl, I'm here! I almost forgot about the anniversary!

I think 175 is awesome, myself! That was my all time low, and I'd love to see it again! I was always a slow loser though, so I made peace with it as best I could. Hey, it beats the hell out of 338, right?

I got lazy and let myself gain back up to 225 about a year and a half ago, but my kiddo wanted to go on a diet, so I did it with him and realized I was not keeping up my end of the wls bargain! I am back in Onederland, and I'm going to get to my drivers license weight of 185 someday soon. Lol!

I know I'll never be a size 6, but I'm content and still grateful for this chance to live a halfway normal life.

For me, I struggled in getting my vitamins in for a long time, but I finally have a system down and have done well with it for over a year now. I went through a point where I was so deficient that I was losing hair, lethargic and somehow clueless about what I was doing to myself. I have a hard time regulating my iron and B1, but I'm on an even keel now.

I think back and have a hard time remembering what it was like to be morbidly obese now. I guess enough time has gone by that I critique myself based on what I could never have imagined before. some days the only thing that reminds me that I had wls is the fact that I can't drink real milk and I still dump badly with some foods like crackers, "soft" carbs like cake, soft breads, ramen noodles, some crackers, etc. I'm thankful for that. As a matter of fact, over the years I've lost my craving for sweets, and that was my biggest problem before.

I wouldn't say I'm a poster child for wls, but it has made my life better, and I'll say again, my only regret is that I didn't have it sooner!
reenieb
on 3/5/12 4:08 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with
DINKA! So good of you to drop in! :)
It sounds like you are still on top of your game and I agree, it is difficult to remember those days/years of super morbid obesity, tipping the scale at 402 lbs. at one point. My daughter remembers me very heavy (she's 23 now), but my son says he doesn't remember (he's 18 now). So,
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
YVETTE_A.
on 3/22/12 4:05 pm - WEST SPRINGFIELD, MA
IT'S SO GOOD TO COME ANS SEE MY MARCHERS HERE. IT'S LIKE  IT WAS 2 OR 3 YEARS AGO, BUT IT'S OUR 8TH YEAR. I'M NOT ON MY GOAL . IT IS NOT EASY, I WAS ON 180 . LIKE A YEAR AGO. NOW I HAVE GAIN LIKE 25 POUNDS. I WAS DIAGNOSE WITH ME AND FIBROMYLAGIA.  SINCE  A YEAR AGO MY LIFE HAS CHANGE A LOT. NEW MEDICATIONS, HAVING CORTISONE TO ALEVE MY PAINS. IF HAVE MY WLS AGAIN I WILL. THANKS TO  DR. FIALLO .   
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years ... yesterday
mo21012 · 0 replies · 843 views
Ten Years Today
reenieb · 0 replies · 953 views
10 years
Virginia H · 0 replies · 655 views
10YearsToday!
wlsurvivor · 2 replies · 796 views
9 years plus 1 day
pammy157 · 0 replies · 780 views