today is my day

Margo M.
on 3/26/12 10:01 am - Elyria, OH
two milestones to remember today by

eight years ago was my wls...............today was my 4th of 4 chemo treatments............

was feeling good about the lifechanging/saving events til the oncologist said that he wants me to have more chemo after my surgery before my radiation.................

now; i'm not a real deep thinker-not really sure how i am feeling tonite.........................
i can say that most days i am still happy that i had my wls even tho there truly are some foods that i miss...and i can truly say that when i was initially diagnosed with my cancer my thoughts went to "great...i had wls to live! what a waste that was"--i don't feel that way today, tho...... i know that this cancer would be worse if i was still morbidly obese.......

eight years ago i weighed in at 233# the day of surgery....today, after all of the stresses of michael's illnesses, jobs, moving, umpteen times, my cancer, etc etc i weighed 168.1 # ---that means that i have retained a loss of 64.9 # or that i have maintained a loss of 64.9% of my desired weight toward goal. i have to think that i am still successful;i have no one to blame but myself for never reaching goal......

happy surgiversary to me!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White

redzz04
on 4/18/12 2:22 am
Margo,
I was so sad to read that you have cancer. My heart is with you as well as my prayers and lots of Love. God Bless you Margo! You have gone through so much and God Loves you all the more for it. I will be thinking of you often and praying for you. Hang strong!  A goal of 168 is wonderful! I haven't gotten there. My lowest was 198. I still have a ways to go myself but I count my blessings for keeping what I lost... off!  That is such an accomplishment and something we all need to remember.  

Happy anniversary to you and tons of love and blessings for you!
Elizabeth

"Never act until you have answered the question 'What happens if I do nothing?'" - Robert Brault
"Love is borne from soul to soul on the wings of words." - Rudolph Steiner  
 Elizabeth M 

pammy157
on 8/22/12 7:42 pm - colchester, CT
RNY on 03/30/04 with
margo i hope that this posting finds you healed and doing well. god bless you in your fight with cancer.
you are a strong woman.
good luck and god bless
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years ... yesterday
mo21012 · 0 replies · 843 views
Ten Years Today
reenieb · 0 replies · 955 views
10 years
Virginia H · 0 replies · 656 views
10YearsToday!
wlsurvivor · 2 replies · 797 views