GOOD LUCK NEW MARCHERS!

Kim R.
on 2/15/05 2:51 am - Wayland, MI
Hello! I am a "Marcher" from 2004! My RNY was on March 29th, 2004 and I couldn't be more thrilled that I did it! I started off at 339 and now am down to a VERY unexpected 155! I am 5'11", therefore I can still pack a little more than the average bear, however am pleased to announce my size 10 and hope I stay this way for the rest of my life. This past year has been both challenging and rewarding. I can honestly say that 30 has turned out to be the best year of my life thus far and all I can do is look forward to the next one! That coming from me is quite substancial considering I was a once very large, very uncomfortable, very moody and UNHAPPY girl. I didn't care that I lived to see another tomorrow back then, let alone the rest of a lifetime. From this experience I have summoned up the power to change my entire life for the better and I'm praying that you will find that within you, too! I am SO exited for you all and look VERY forward to hearing from you all in the future and would love to hear from anyone who wants to tell me all about you and yours and how you are expecting things to turn out for you. If any of you have any questions/concerns/comments/rantings/ravings, etc...feel free to email me and I'll do my best to help you work it out. This site has been a FANTASTIC motivator and a support system for me that has been unsurpassed even by my own physicians office. I've never stood "Angel Duty" but would be more than happy to become one should any of you need one. AGAIN, the best of luck to you and yours, as this is truly a magical and fortunate opportunity that we have all been given. I am getting to live out an "if only" dream...I used to say: "If only I could go back knowing what I know now..." Well I just did; I just went back into my own self, my own body and my own mind, yet still hold on to everything I've learned along the way. How often in life can you revisit your past and be given the opportunity to do things differently the second time around? What a blessing this is! Take Care! Kim 339/160/155!
lillbitofsin
on 2/15/05 3:51 am - East Stroudsburg, PA
Hi Kim! Wow!!! what an inspiration! I am starting out at 317 and praying that I get under 200 I did the weight lose planner thingy and its saying I probably will get down to about 205 I think. I would love to get below that. I am probably like the rest of us scheduled for March getting very anxious. I have my good moments when I am very upbeat and sure and positive that this is a blessing and then other times I start to wobble and get scared start thinking wth am I doing. So thank you for posting it DOES help. and lol Im angel-less in PA if you were serious about becoming an Angel
Crystal H.
on 2/15/05 8:54 am - Edmond, OK
I too have to say thanks for your story. I am two weeks away from my surgery and the past few days have really left me feeling anxious. Reading your share helps me remember the reasons why I made this decision in the first place. So thank you!!! Crystal
Most Active
Recent Topics
11 Years
Therese L · 0 replies · 460 views
checking in- 10 years out!
Therese L · 3 replies · 550 views
Checking in -9 year anniversary
Therese L · 1 replies · 641 views
nine years today
Ruby R. · 0 replies · 561 views