2004 to 2005

The-Irish-Lassie
on 2/16/05 9:01 pm - Brazoria, TX
Hello to all of you facing this life saving surgery in March of 2005. My name is Shannon and I had my surgery on March 17th of 2004. I just wanted to write and let you know that as I read some of the post here it takes me back to a time when everything was up in the air and moving so quickly that I wasn't sure if I was coming or going. The emotions that come with hearing that you have a date can be so overwhelming. I have to tell you that it is only the begining. You will come to find that this board will be your main support. All of you going through this together. After the battle that I had with the insurance company to get approved I was not sure what to do next. I had been so focused on the fight that once I won I was like...what do I do now? I can say that my salvation and my focus on God keep me in a state of peace with what I was doing and has carried me through the entire process. I have had my ups and downs. I started this journey at 266lbs., very unhappy, and lots of co-morbidities. I am now at 150lbs. and all of my co-morbidities are gone forever. I am hoping to reach my goal weight of 140 by my anniversary. (not much time left) I have started my journey now on the road to plastics. I have so much that I want to write here and to tell you but you can read my profile I have kept it up to date...some what. My advice to all of you is to use your profile as a journal. I went back and read mine just the other day and was amazed at how far I had come. Not to mention the e-mails I get from others that tell me how it has help them. I will be holding all of you in my prayers for and uneventful surgery and quick recovery. I welcome all e-mail so if you have any questions please feel free to ask away. Take care of yourselves and God Bless ya'll. Shannon The Irish Lassie 3/17/04 266/150/140
smilygirl
on 2/18/05 2:07 pm - Germantown, OH
Thank you for such a wonderful, thoughtful post! It helps to keep things in perspective. You're right about how quickly things move...I still have a month to go before surgery, but as the days pass, my list of to-do's grows exponentially! Good luck with your plastic surgery and with all of your goals! Sheila 3-22-05 (RNY)
Most Active
Recent Topics
11 Years
Therese L · 0 replies · 460 views
checking in- 10 years out!
Therese L · 3 replies · 550 views
Checking in -9 year anniversary
Therese L · 1 replies · 641 views
nine years today
Ruby R. · 0 replies · 561 views