March 11th!!!

ninoid
on 2/18/05 2:45 am - nampa, ID
Ok, here I go, March 11th, if all goes well. Doc asked me to be a little flexible just in case it is not until the 12th or 15th, but for now I'm planning on the 11th! I am on coumadin now, for a stroke I had in 98 (at 24 years old!) I have been given the a-ok by everyone though, whew! I will have to take lovinox before and after surgery (the shots, no fun, but well worth it!) I am at the point of being a little nervous, but I have GREAT trust in my surgeon, he is wonderful and has been very thorough for my protection. I have spent the last couple of weeks trying to 'plan my bag' for the hospital, like I did when I had my babies...I swear I have gone through so many bags trying to find the best one, that my husband thinks I'm certifiable! So far I have toothbrush/paste, hair brush, trial size shampoo, a razor, probably 6 different books, writing pad and pen/pencils, deodorant, set of loose fitting clothes, a little hand-held radio with earphones,slippers, chapstick, pillow, my special fluffy blanket, camera, lotion, address book, and a pic of my family. I wonder constantly if I am missing something still...For home, I have multivitamins, calcium, muscle milk and nectar powders for protein. Ok, I think that's it, I hope this list of crap is all I need, but if you think of anything I'm missing, please let me know! Also, I have been using my handweights like crazy trying to tone up as much as I can till then, plus, I think it will help me stay on track afterwards...:D Here's hoping we all have smooth, picture perfect surgeries and recoveries, good luck to all us Marchers!
Most Active
Recent Topics
11 Years
Therese L · 0 replies · 460 views
checking in- 10 years out!
Therese L · 3 replies · 550 views
Checking in -9 year anniversary
Therese L · 1 replies · 641 views
nine years today
Ruby R. · 0 replies · 561 views