How many people have reached their goal weight at one year post op?

luvsexytrstno1
on 3/14/08 2:54 pm - Anchorage, AK
I am quickly approaching my one year anniversary and am wondering how everyone else is doing/ I am 40 pounds away from my goal.
Phyllis H.
on 3/15/08 3:40 am - Conneaut, OH
I reached my Dr.s Goal weight of 140 at about 11 months, I am currently working on my personal goal weight of 130. Phyllis
Christal C.
on 3/16/08 3:13 pm - Wichita, KS
My doctor never had a goal weight for me. I went in a few months ago at the same weight I am now and he said he considered the surgery a perfect sucess and that he would be very happy if I maintained the weight I am now. Having said that...I am still in the overweight category for BMI. To be in the normal category for BMI I need to weight 176 which is 14 lbs away...wow I didn't realise how close I was until this post! I haven't even been trying to lose anymore weight...but maybe this will inspire me to push a little bit. I really enjoyed my doctor not having a goal weight set for me...I think it would have put too much pressure on me. I have been trying to focus on being healthy and feeling healthy instead of the numbers. I think most doctors would suggest me weighing 150 which is in the middle of the normal range...so that's another 40 lbs just like you. 40 lbs sounds like alot...I've already lost 108 lbs. It's completely do-able of course. I guess we just need to keep focused and think about where we want to be and figure out how to get there. Anyways...sorry for rambling! Thanks for posting. Christal
Karen R.
on 3/17/08 11:55 am
I have about 40 pounds to get to my personal goal! I want to be 150. I hope to be close to that by Christmas.
Plum1967
on 3/18/08 4:09 am
My "low end" goal is 140... that's 45.6 lbs away for me today. BUT... even though my surgeon never set a goal weight for me, per se, I know that they consider 70% of excess weight lost to be "successful." At my 1-year follow-up last week, I logged in at 77% of my excess weight lost. I am at 185.6 this morning. I would be happy to get into the 160s - I have a thing about wanting to be able to say I'm half the person I used to be! LOL Slow and steady for me, at this point. In January I lost only 5 lbs for the whole month. In February, it was 2.4 for the whole month. I can't tell you how discouraging it was getting, but I also knew that I was making some not-so-smart food choices by letting more carbs into my daily diet. So far for March, I am down another 4.4 lbs. I was down more, but I was away for the weekend, and made some not-so-smart choices again! LOL I wish much success for everyone... just remember that the power lies within us to make this journey successful for ourselves! Wendy
David G.
on 3/21/08 4:31 am - Reisterstown, MD
Keep in mind that this is from a guy. We usually have an easier time of things. My personal goal was 200. My surgeons goal was 189. I hit 200 in August. I was down to 185 in October. I have stabilized at 185 and have been there since October. Remember. Generally...for RNY they want you to lose 60-75% of your total weight loss in about a year. They don't expect you to reach goal until about the end of your second year. If you get there quicker...great...if not...no big deal. You look like you are doing great. Stick with it. Personally, I think the important thing is the lifestyle changes rather than the weight. I now run and eat healthy. I like the way I look and feel. I love being able to play with the kids and enjoy things again with my wife. Dave
melissa1973
on 5/12/08 5:54 am - CT
I had RNY. I reached my goalweight of 155 at 13 months out, I had over 180 lbs to lose. I'm below goal now at 146 having lost 193 lbs at 14 months post op!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Where is Everybody!
LMILOW · 2 replies · 851 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 732 views
Gaining weight?
boomer65 · 3 replies · 1043 views
Second Band-aversary!
LoriPA · 1 replies · 768 views