First year a loser!

Karen R.
on 3/16/08 1:48 pm
I am 1 year out now. I had lapband 3/2/07...I have lost 75 pounds from the very beginning to now. 55 pounds from my surgery date to present date. I feel so much better then I did just one year ago. Congrats to all the rest of you March 2007 losers.
Christal C.
on 3/16/08 3:06 pm - Wichita, KS
Congratulations on your loss and your positive attitude! Can you imagine how far you will be next year? I wish you lots of luck and happiness for your future! ~ Christal
Karen R.
on 3/17/08 11:48 am
Thanks! It does feel great to feel like you look good enough to be out in public! My best friend doen't know I had this surgery done, and the other day I over heard her say she was getting tired of hearing ppl talk about their diets. I found her remark uncalled for. Another friend was with us having coffee and she ordered oatmeal and put berries she brought from home in it. She is trying to lose some before she goes to Texas to see her grandkids this summer. I never eat breakfast with them for fear of getting stuck. She said I was just rubbing it in that I am getting "SKINNY" me skinny thats funny because I have never had that said to me. My friend who is against diets is a large lady, I have tried to talk to her about WLS and she doesn't want any part of it! I want to tell her it works but she will talk about me I live in a small town and gossip is cheap! Thanks and Thanks for listening! Karen
Christal C.
on 3/17/08 2:45 pm - Wichita, KS
My first instinct is to think your friend that is against diets is not very smart. But then I start thinking back on how I used to be. I used to be like that. It's so hard to be so big...it's hard to admit that I was addicted to food and couldn't control myself. I couldn't back then admit why I was overweight or that I had a big problem...I had lots of excuses...and I did what alot do on the outside at least - I said I didn't mind being fat. I had given up trying to lose weight so I didn't want to be apart of any conversation that revolved around trying to become healthier. It was easier to not face the problem and lie to myself. I think alot of us have done that at some point. Your friend isn't a lost cause...she's just not ready for it. I wouldn't push her. There are also alot of folks who lost alot of weight who don't tell people they had surgery. They do not want the stigma or people talking negatively about their decisions...it's hard enough to live life with the surgery much less with people not supporting you. There are also alot of folks who have lost friends and family members because they lost alot of weight. Jealousy and envy are powerful emotions. I know I hated being the fat friend. I usually had more in common and felt more secure with my friends that were bigger. Remember people who truly care about you are going to support the things in your life that bring good to you. WLS sure sounds like it is doing wonderful things to your life. Keep up the good work, try and be positive and surround yourself with positive people. ~ Christal
Most Active
Recent Topics
Where is Everybody!
LMILOW · 2 replies · 851 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 732 views
Gaining weight?
boomer65 · 3 replies · 1043 views
Second Band-aversary!
LoriPA · 1 replies · 768 views