In a food slump...

nicoleaz
on 7/7/08 10:16 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hello, fellow March '07ers! I've become bored with my usual food choices and noticed that I've gained a few pounds. I'm certain it's because of my inclination to eat things I'm not supposed to when I get burned out or bored with the "right" food I've been preparing. Would any of you mind sharing some of your meal ideas? Breakfast is easy - it's lunch and dinner that are the worst! Hope everyone is doing well! :D Nicole
Plum1967
on 7/26/08 9:00 am
Hey Nicole. Wendy here... Queen of Food Ruts LOL I make what I think is a great turkey chili that I freeze up and take to work for lunches. I eat this almost every week day. I have always been lazy with my food choices... even pre-op. I should be better, as I think it would help with my continued weight loss... things seem to slow down when I'm here in the rut. I have 4 oz steaks that I make for dinner sometimes... sometimes I just have cheese with some crackers (Truiscuits, Wheat Thins, etc). I often forget about tuna fish, so that always makes a nice change for me every couple of weeks. Good luck trying to find some more exciting options! ~wendy
jewels3952
on 7/27/08 10:39 am
My favorites: 1. shrimp ****tail 2. Caprese salad (heirloom tomatoes, basil and fresh (buffalo) mozzarella --- spray with a little garlic olive oil & balsamic vinegar. So good!!!! 3. Grilled halibut --- drizzle with a little olive oil, garlic & cilantro --- wrap in foil and throw on the bbq (or oven) for 15-20 minutes. That with some grilled veggies....yeh baby. I never get tired of these! Julie
L.A. B.
on 8/23/08 10:36 am - OH
Just browsing around the boards and noticed this post and thought I'd share my ideas....

I buy Tomato Basil wraps from WalMart and they have about 8 grams of protein in them and they are low in carbs. I love them. Fill them with turkey or chicken, fat free cheese, some lettuce, tomato, a dill pickle or relish and fat freeThousand Island dressing or ranch dressing and I've got a delicious lunch with over 20 grams of protein. Get creative and fill them with a variety of things... sometimes I just grill them with cheese, onions, tomatoes and olives in them, so delish and it makes a great snack too.

For lunch or breakfast beat 4 eggs, mix in a little skim milk, add shredded swiss cheese and 1 package of frozen (thawed) spinach and chopped onions. Mix it all up and pour into a small pie pan/quiche pan and bake in oven till is puffs up and center isn't runny (30 mins. at 350). This feeds me, and a few kids.

Spaghetti squash with ragu sauce & meatballs makes a quick and yummy dinner and so filling too. You can find a lot of recipes on allrecipes.com... I just modify them a bit to make them healthier.

Favorite snack is salted almonds. It satisfies that need to crunch and they are healthy for you.

I pick up a small rotissari chicken at the grocery store then break it apart and make a yummy chicken salad adding onions, celery, grapes, low fat miracle whip, salt & pepper to taste. It's a nice change from tuna fish. Or sometimes I make egg salad sandwiches on whole grain bread.... so good.

I also buy the frozen fish (not the breaded stuff) and either grill it with a little lemon juice squeezed over the top or bake it wrapped up in tin foil with a little lemon juice on top. It comes out so moist & good. That with steamed veggies on the side makes a great dinner.

Usually dinner is whatever I'm making for the family that night and I eat a small portion of it. Hope this helps some.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Where is Everybody!
LMILOW · 2 replies · 851 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 732 views
Gaining weight?
boomer65 · 3 replies · 1043 views
Second Band-aversary!
LoriPA · 1 replies · 768 views