8 days out- are you driving?

kaychat
on 3/25/09 12:57 am
I'm 8 days out and I'm still slighty stiff and sore. Not taking any pain meds. I can do most house things and take care of the kids, but I'm just slow. I just tried to drive and was not ready. How are the other 8 days out-ers feeling?
Hotshotlawyer2b
on 3/25/09 8:12 am
I drove yesterday. I was sore afterwards, but it has not affected my driving. Just take it easy and do it when you are ready.
Dawn1396
on 3/25/09 10:54 am - Vista, CA
I drove today. I did okay but was very tired when I got back. I only drove to the bank and back. About 3 miles round trip. LOL I have to drive to see my surgeon on Friday and it is 40 miles. I am a little nervous that I will be exhausted by the time I get there.

Dawn
HW 283/ SW 258/ CW 137/ GW 140

frogger528
on 3/25/09 11:46 am
I've been driving and haven't had much of a problem. Twisting and turning is sore at times but otherwise I've been okay. Go at your own speed though and listen to your body. You'll know when you're ready.

SUNRAY
on 3/25/09 3:57 pm - Sacramento, CA
I'm 9 days out and while I could start driving, I have chosen not to. My doc said as soon as I was off the pain meds, I could drive but to take it slow, going short distances at first.  I'm like you, still sore and tender to the touch around the 'holes'...so I'm not comfortable driving..if someone was to hit me from behind or anywhere actually, being forced into the steering wheel would be extremely painful.  I've decided to wait another week; fortunately, I have a wonderful husband who has not any problem driving us where ever we need to go. ^_^
Sunray

243.0/213.0/141/130  Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal

Emily C.
on 3/28/09 2:02 am - Claremore, OK
I am almost 4 weeks out and I am still not driving. i have driven 2 times and it was very uncomfortable for me. Go at your own pace and you will do fine.
Emily

Melody L.
on 3/28/09 2:39 am - Keizer, OR
I've been driving since about a week out, as soon as I was not taking pain meds anymore.  I'm still painful but the meds taste so horrid I stopped them and now the pain is getting a lot better, just a bit sore now.  I haven't had trouble driving, but my husband has been driving when we are together. 
~Melody~  5'6" Tall, 42 years old

scootermedic
on 3/30/09 2:30 am - Norwich, NY
I am on day 6 and hoping to drive into town for one small errand today.

I've been off meds except at bedtime and only a half dose then.  I was feeling grand until yesterday, I think my body finally realized I had surgery and let me know it was time to slow down.  Today I feel fine, not as great as Saturday felt, but definately better. 

Slow has a whole new meaning now doesn't it?

I was someone who walked at a snappy pace when I went to the store or at work.  Now I leave for my walks at a slow and leisurely pace, and by the time I get home I feel like I'm walking through molasses!

I'll let you know how my trip goes!!
Scootermedic
A Success!!
RNY  3/24/09
Start Weight / Surg. / Last Dr. Appt. 
  248 (plus) / 234 / 133 (5/9/11)          
Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1067 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1094 views