Attention all March 2'ers

BobF4
on 3/31/09 7:53 pm - Rochester, NY
I was wondering how all the rest of the people who had surgery on March 2 are doing.

I know how Emily is doing, and myself, of course.  But, how has everyone else fared in the past month?  Good or bad, lets stick together and be there for each other, March 2'ers!

Bob
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.  --  Lao Tzu
                    * Surgery date - 3/2/2009!!!
Highest - Current - Goal
--406--------258--------?

shoregurl
on 3/31/09 10:53 pm - toms river, NJ
Hey Bob, I'm doing ok. I had a set back with my food last week. Couldn't keep anything down, so I went back to the softer foods. I started exercising last week, that's going ok. I'm only down 23lbs since surgery. I get a little discouraged about that, but I'm sticking with it and hoping it starts going faster soon.
How are you feeling?
 Shannon  

Emily C.
on 4/5/09 12:23 am - Claremore, OK

Shannon, glad you are doing well. 23 pounds is fantastic. don't get too discouraged.  We all lose at a different rate. the heavier you are the faster it will come off.  I haven't lost hardly any this week.  I think 3.4 pounds is all. So I know how you feel.
Emily

scrappinladie
on 4/1/09 12:04 pm - Windsor, Canada

Hi Bob,
Glad to know you are doing well.  I went back to work today and am tired.   Having a hard time getting in my water and sometimes my protein.  I have lost @ 20 lbs and thought it would come off quicker so I am really trying hard to get my water and protein in hoping this will help.  M y right knee and left heel spur currently are acting up so I have not been doing as much walking as I would like.  Hopefully it will soon stay warm and then I will try bike riding.....not so hard on my joints.  Hope all is well with all the March 2nders.,
Take Care
Trish

BobF4
on 4/1/09 7:27 pm - Rochester, NY
Glad to hear you ladies are doing well.

I really haven't had much problem since surgery.  I've tolerated everything fine, diet-wise.

The only minor problem is last week, I had a bad bout of constipation.  My bariatric center was closed (this happened in the evening), so I had to contact my PCP.  He told me to take some mineral oil, which helped out a lot.  I did make it a point to ask him if mineral oil was WLS-friendly, and he assured me it was.

I've only been walking so far for exercise.  My bariatric center likes to wait until the 2nd post-op visit (which, for me, will be 6 weeks after surgery - April 14) to clear people for exercise.  Coincidentally, that is also the date I go on the soft foods diet.

When I weighed in at my first post-op appointment on March 12, I weighed 321, which is 19 pounds down, officially.  Later in the month, I weighed myself on the scales at a local mall, and I was 310, so I am unofficially 30 pounds down.  Yay me!
Highest - Current - Goal

Emily C.
on 4/5/09 12:19 am - Claremore, OK
Bob, that is awesome on the weight loss. I am 35.4 pounds down since surgery and 44 down since my consult. You are doing fabulous.
I am still having trouble finding a protien that I can tolerate and afford.
I have tried proti diet and it seems to stay down okay, but it is expensive.
I go back to the dr on 4/28 for my 2 months post op. I am still on soft foods. I can't really have anything else until 4 months out. I am really sick of eggs and refried beans.
Emily

davemdg
on 4/4/09 11:11 am
Hi Bob! Don't know if you got my earlier emails .. I'm a little new to forums and don't quite know about "add-a-friend" etc. Anyway, my "sleeve" was done on March 3rd... 1st night was a little rough in ICU and a couple of issues with my chest "pain pump" when I got home but nothing major. Doing GREAT now .. AMAZED at how little food I can eat! 3-4 ounces of anything and that's it! Stamina improving daily - about back to a "8" on a 1-10 scale ... Was 417 at my highest weight; 391 at surgery and  was 359 this AM! Losing about 4 lbs week steadt last 3-34 weeks.

NEVER HUNGRY! Almost have to remember to eat. That's one main advantage of the "sleeve ... the part of the stomach they remove (80%) contains the "hunger nerves" plus none of the problems with 'dumping' or "absorbtive" issues - (no -rerouting of small intestines at all with the 'sleeve' or VSG surgery).

Anyway, don't know if you got my earlier emails - glad to see you're doing OK .. would like to hear from you.
s/ Dave from Louisiana's Cajun Country

[Dear Lord: Please DELIVER ME from the humorless people of the world!] 

BobF4
on 4/5/09 1:14 pm - Rochester, NY
Dave,  I did get your messages, and I responded to them.  Glad to hear you are well, too!!
Highest - Current - Goal

Linda P.
on 4/7/09 9:51 am
I had the Lap Band on March 2 and am down about 20 lbs.  I had my first fill on Friday and am looking forward to getting rid of more fat clothes!
jess0308
on 4/9/09 3:09 am - Blountsville, AL
Hi Bob and everyone, I am so glad to hear everyone is doing great, I am as weel, I have lost 28 lbs. with my Realize band and am so happy. I think I am gonna name it "Critter" because sometimes when it gets hungry it can make some weird sounds, especially during church, lol, and I can really burb now let me tell you, so my husband asks me if my critter is acting up haha. I get my first fill on Mon. so I am excited. Well lets keep in touch okay. God Bless you all. ttyl

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1067 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1094 views
2 years Post Op
Brittnie S. · 0 replies · 956 views
Success?????
viar · 5 replies · 1050 views